Confession is Good for the Soul

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.

Re: Confession is Good for the Soul

Postby flamingfingers » Sep 14th, 2013, 5:45 pm

I confess that I have resisted the temptation to put anyone on my "foe" list (as much as I would like to). After all, you can still glean a few things from some very truly ignorant, bigoted and biased people. Like how NOT to think about some things.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5672 posts

Postby Thinktank » Sep 14th, 2013, 5:58 pm

I confess I've never considered anyone on a forum to be bigoted,
and never used that word to describe anyone. Forums are a place to talk.
When people stop talking on a forum - the forum is gone.

Dumb maybe. I've considered lots of people to be dumb about certain things. I'm dumb
at certain things myself. For example, I can't fix my own car.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 455 posts

Postby Bman » Sep 18th, 2013, 3:31 pm

I confess that I like John Wayne Gacy ''Clown paintings''.
Is the world getting stupider, or is it just getting easier for stupid people to have their thoughts heard?
Bman
Mindquad

Liked in: 8076 posts

Postby A_Britishcolumbian » Dec 22nd, 2013, 12:37 am

where i typically sleep/live, i am routinely victimized by thieves, and i have on occasion caught them.
i do not 'execute my own justice', nor do i 'take the law into my own hands', rather i turn them over to an entity and consequently system, i know to be corrupt.

when i have encountered such persons after the fact, while i still hold them responsible, and the punishment they received or did not receive, was inconsistent with my own loss, i still forgive them, and i ask them for forgiveness for turning them in.

i have never seen justice done in any instance i have reported a crime or turned in a perpetrator. i do not hold that against the criminal.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 244 posts

Postby Thinktank » Dec 22nd, 2013, 12:24 pm

I confess that 'forgiveness' to me means not taking revenge.
So I never take revenge on people.

But forgiveness to me doesn't mean trusting the cheaters.
Ukraine is broke, and undertook a war on that portion of the country that provided 30% of GDP. Now a draft, for an army, for a war, for a government that will - get this - implement IMF/EU *austerity*.
Thinktank
Guru

Liked in: 455 posts

Previous

Return to Forum Games