Rescue dogs at Kelowna SPCA

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Rescue dogs at Kelowna SPCA

Post by Bsuds »

We donated a grocery bag full of dog toys (probably 15-20) to the SPCA yesterday for those Dogs that were seized from Williams Lake.

We also asked what else we could donate to help and they replied that Wal-Mart and Costco gift cards would be helpful as they can buy what is needed at the moment.

After the News story this past week they got 38 Costco cooked Chickens donated. lol Pretty much 2 per dog.

I just can't understand how someone can treat animals this way.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Rescue dogs at Kelowna SPCA

Post by ferri »

Thanks Bsuds. That's good to know.

Rescue dogs need help
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... -need-help
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Thats awesome suds. I wanted to do the same thing. Been cash poor this week however. Good you stepped up.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote:We donated a grocery bag full of dog toys (probably 15-20) to the SPCA yesterday for those Dogs that were seized from Williams Lake.

We also asked what else we could donate to help and they replied that Wal-Mart and Costco gift cards would be helpful as they can buy what is needed at the moment.

After the News story this past week they got 38 Costco cooked Chickens donated. lol Pretty much 2 per dog.

I just can't understand how someone can treat animals this way.

Good for you Sudsy. Tell me you didn't give any of Foxy's toys away. As for the last sentence - many people are asshats when it comes to animals because they think they are disposable.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Some of the dogs are at the Penticton SPCA also. We took some cooked chicken, toys and blankets over a couple of days ago.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... -need-help

Makes me absolutely sick that people treat animals this way.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Not at Kelowna SPCA but this just makes me sick.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/223848 ... gs-rescued
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

just popping in wrote:Not at Kelowna SPCA but this just makes me sick.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/223848 ... gs-rescued

It really makes me mad when I see how some people treat animals!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

There are plenty of rescues all over the place. Human stupidity is the biggest contributor to the unwanted pet problem, and at best, many owners have no clue what they are getting in to for many types of animals. Parrot Island in Peachland is another place taking donations. I like birds so that is my plug for the day ;-) The owner Ray has a big heart for big birds and pays their food and medical bills.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We went and saw some of the rescue dogs at Pet Smart today. They were all from places in California where they were on death row. The ones that were left were all Chihuahua's and those are not my fav's. Lots of people looking and there were only about 4 left available for adoption.
We were not seriously looking just curious and gave a donation. Our dog wouldn't be too happy :-X if we brought one home.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”