Dog walking

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Re: Dog walking

Post by my2rotties »

I don't go anywhere, unless I bring the dogs with me. I don't trust anyone to care for them sadly. Not because of their breed, but because I don't trust anyone. I wish I knew of someone who can care for mine if I ever had to go away.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

My dogs go with us too when we can, there is times you just cant tho and I like to make sure there is someone, a friend or a business and the woman that took care of our shepard was awsome, she was there 8 days and she did great, happy dog, healthy and even a little more willing to except others, was just scary thinking we could not find a place when we really needed it.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

If I was totally hooped and HAD o choice but to have someone care for the dogs, it would be a sitter that would come live in the house. At least then that person could feed my marine fish and stuff like that.

You know what is best for your dog. If I was there, I would help out.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

my2rotties wrote:... my marine fish...

Do they require different care than a desert plains fish?
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Graham Adder wrote:

Yeah they need about 500g of salt water, protein skimmer, powerheads, carbon filters... and the list goes on.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

my2rotties wrote:
Graham Adder wrote:

Yeah they need about 500g of salt water, protein skimmer, powerheads, carbon filters... and the list goes on.

Must be some good eatin' to be worth that much effort.
mmmmmm battered marine fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Graham Adder wrote:Must be some good eatin' to be worth that much effort.
mmmmmm battered marine fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My long horned cowfish is highly poisonous and they don't even attempt to make sushi with that species. I think people do eat tangs, but I am not sure. If I was not so lazy and knew how, I would post some pictures of my fish... they are really neat pets, a PITA, but it is neat to have them come take food from my hands and let me touch them eventually.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

my2rotties wrote:it is neat to have them come take food from my hands and let me touch them eventually.

I found my dog was able to do both rather quick.
Where do you walk a fish...or do you take them swimming?
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Graham Adder wrote:
my2rotties wrote:I found my dog was able to do both rather quick.

Fish are wild caught in the ocean and brought into captivity. Had I had known this going into the hobby, I would have never started. It is horrible... the fish I have are the only ones I will buy. No more. When you bring them home, they are very susceptible to diseases, you have to teach them how to eat, and play God to control the heat, the oxygen, the water flow, the lighting and everything else.

When they trust you enough to swim into your hands or take food from you, it is a really big deal.

I don't take them swimming, but I have to almost swim in the tank to do maintenance from time to time.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Sorry your thread got hijacked Roadie...
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Graham Adder wrote:
my2rotties wrote:it is neat to have them come take food from my hands and let me touch them eventually.

I found my dog was able to do both rather quick.

A woman that needs a man, is like a fish that needs a bicycle. :wink:

*edited for drunk typing
Last edited by onestop67 on Nov 21st, 2010, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Holy hanna, did it ever get hijacked, wheres a mod when you need em, it's like trying to find a cop when you need em, Must be a special donut shop for mods around here somewhere.
So what was the subject again??? oh ya, one 101 ways to wok yer fish. :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post

Return to “The Pet Lounge”