Velcro Dogs

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Triple 6

Velcro Dogs

Post by Triple 6 »

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Velcro Dogs

Post by pbear »

Me too. I am going to send in a donation cause I can't adopt any more dogs! My little lhasa was a 3 year old when I adopted her. Definitely easier than raising a puppy and she is just as bonded to us as we are to her.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Well, you know how I feel Trip.

Thank goodness for this woman and her rescue. Anyone who has a special heart for dogs in need (cats too) and reaches out to help some of the most vulnerable is gold in my eyes. I would much rather adopt an adult dog over a puppy any day of the week. I've heard it said that people want puppies so they can be raised with their kids, or so that they don't have bad habits or behavioral issues to deal with. If only people would educate themselves. I had a puppy once and I hated going through the housebreaking stage. She was a cocker and it seriously took a year to train her. I vowed never again will I get a puppy. My two were adopted as adults and yes, they are both velcro dogs to the max. There is just something special about giving a home to a dog in need. The dog just seems to know that they finally have a 'soft place to fall' and show their gratitude in spades.

C'mon big lottery win, I really need to open my dog sanctuary.

~D
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I've told B, no more puppies. I will adopt next time around. (hopefully not for many years) It just baffles my mind how people can "ditch" their dog...
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

"Dumping season" that is so sad.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

...I want them...ALL! (OK, not really all.) When are we opening the dog sanctuary CoffeeC?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Piecemaker wrote:...I want them...ALL! (OK, not really all.) When are we opening the dog sanctuary CoffeeC?

Immediately after my big lottery win. :lol:

Not joking either...lol I seriously want to buy a huge piece of land, at least a hundred acres, and run a sanctuary for unwanted, abused and abandoned dogs. Trip's going to be my partner in crime, but she has to relocate here. I have so many ideas floating around my head on how to operate it. I have no doubt it will be a large operation, and we'd need help with all the work involved in caring for these dogs. I'm thinking that building some small cottages to house people in need such as the homeless or people living in poverty that need a helping hand up. They could live rent free in exchange for working with the dogs.

It took me long enough, but I now know what my passion is and what I'm meant to do. Now I just need the funds to bring it all to fruition.

~D
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

I'm buying the tickets weekly CC. (B does too) darn tootin I'll move to you! :)
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Woohoo! The kidlet and I are buying weekly too. I've been winning $6-$12, but I need 4 more zero's on that amount to get us going.

~D

Return to “The Pet Lounge”