The Rainbow Bridge~Rest in Peace

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: The Rainbow Bridge~Rest in Peace

Post by Queen K »

Aww Bleach I just read this. So sorry for your loss, the hole in your heart and soul heals, eventually, but the memories rush in at odd times and suddenly you'd give anything for another paw print, nudge or meow. I healed by adopting soon after, knowing they are their own personalities not a replacement for the little kitty you see as my permanent avatar. You are in a different position and I get that. Hugs to you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Tonight we had to say good-bye to Chopin. He was a dignified tuxedo kitty who arrived on my doorstep from out of nowhere shortly after I moved into my new house.

He'd hang out with Tay and Maestro (my avatar), eat their food and sneak into the house. I found him quite at home on the bed after work sometimes and didn't even know how he got in.

So I said, "you're going to the SPCA." Only that day I picked up the Capital News and saw their page saying that they had too many cats and so many don't have homes.

Chopin got named and the rest was ten years of kitty heaven for him.

He loved kids. Yup, the cat would run to little kids and see them. Now how did that happen? I never saw that before in my life with a cat.

He'd jump up on counters. We nicknamed him "help yourself kitty".
He'd have to be in my lap for hours. At the computer? Lap time. TV? Lap time.
Chopin would be polite to the new kitties we brought home, I can't think of him unhappy with them. He'd play and play with Willow til she wore him out.

We had no idea how old he was but the vet figured older than we guessed. He got kidney failure in the last year and we bought cases of special low fat food for him and he was healthy with us for a long time.

Just this morning he started having seizures full on. It was time. We said good bye a half hour ago. He'll be missed, my tuxedo kitty.
Attachments
chopin.jpg
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

So sorry for your loss..never easy.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Sorry for your loss QK. Find peace knowing Chopin had a good life in a good home.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Sorry for your loss Q . Looked like an awesome kitty.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I liked that cat! Shrimp eating fang showing cutie. So sorry to read this, but you know you gave him a wonderful Life. Hugs
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Queenie - Chopin is happy because he knows you will never forget him - fond memories keep them alive in your heart forever!
Chill
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Aw so sorry to hear this Q...what is it with Tuxedo cats? Mine (Tazzy) is 19 years old and still bringing me mice!
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

So sorry for your loss. Hugs.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

HUGS
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Awww thanks everyone, and yes, his little fangs wil be missed. He was a laid back sort who loved nothing more than to be constantly with us. Even now I am painfully aware of an empty lap. Mr. QK would tell me all the time that Chopin slept all day until I got in the door.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

So sorry. You were wonderful providers and made one cat very happy.
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

Missing all my long gone pets this week.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, and we've been missing Hannah now for two days.

Hannah was our SPCA adoptee, four years ago we saw a beautiful smokey long haired cat jump up on Mr. QK's lap. She looked at us with emerald green eyes and settled into his lap. No way was she letting go. But she did jump down eventually and sat down after looking around. A woman came in and said, "what beautiful eyes you have..." and I said, "she taken."

She was an endless delight. Had a vocabulary of a thousand words. A hunter of toy mice, which she'd pack around in her mouth while meowing loudly. Hannah loved Mr. QK. He couldn't leave a room, or go downstairs, and she'd run after him.
Hannah had a wonderful habit of having to be under his feet in the kitchen. I don't know how many times I'd put her on her cat tree to get her out from under our feet. People were endless charmed by how friendly she was and those green eyes!

Shortly after Chopin died, Hannah got sick. Diabetes. We bought everything and sat for hours on the 'net researching foods. But she'd eat one brand for a few days and go off it. And again and again. Then she went into remission. And then the throwing up started. And then eventually the weight loss.

Hannah loved the gardens and staying near me outside. I'm going to miss how she'd come to me when called. In her last days she'd found a cool shady spot under the Saskatoon bushes. We could find her there. The time came to say good bye, it was only fair to her. Buckets of tears have been shed and more buckets will be needed, like now, while typing this.

Tay, Maestro, Chopin and Hannah are all on that Rainbow Bridge, I Know, some day I'll see them all.
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

A million hugs for you.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”