Vet Issues, the good, the bad & the ugly.

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Vet Issues, the good, the bad & the ugly.

Post by Bsuds »

Update on the new vet. We had him do some minor surgery on our dog and he had a new heating pad that was defective.
It burned the dog badly on her left side and she got very sick from this and almost died.
Needless to say even though it wasn't his fault the follow up care was a bit lacking and we have now switched Vets...again.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

How awful - hope your dog is okay now. I have no problems changing vets to find one competent to look after my fur baby. One should have complete confidence as our animals can't talk for themselves. I'd rather have a vet say they'll research and get back to me rather than guess at a condition and treatment then hope for the best. Second opinions have been surprising and so worth it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

I wish I would have read this thread last week, maybe our outcome would have been different.. I had to put my dog to sleep last week. Unexpected illness, I felt like a common criminal. I was talked to roughly right from the start because they had not seen my dog before. She had had all her shots but I do not believe in boosters and she was never sick, so I never took her to the vet. My money ran out quickly and of course they don't do payments. While we were waiting on test results we were told to go do something. I just got into the vehicle when the receptionist came running out wanting payment. I explained that we were waiting on test results,she did not seem to hear that-again treated like I am going to run off and leave my dog there. I get that maybe people do that but I was a common criminal the moment I stepped into that office. I have two more dogs that I have, where I will go next time I don't know, certainly not there though.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If you have some tests or exam performed on your pet it is normal procedure that you pay at the time for the tests. This is not treating someone like a common criminal. Your pet is not collateral for a bill of hundreds of dollars. Yes, they very frequently do have people attempt to leave and not ever pay up, that's why they have that policy. At the vet clinic that I attend there is a large sign right at the desk that says that all services are to be paid for at the time of the visit.
And if you think you are going to switch to another vet, and not pay on the spot, your pets will likely go without health care. Have you heard of a credit card?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

For what I paid for the Vet visit today I could have bought a new 4K TV!
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Bsuds wrote:For what I paid for the Vet visit today I could have bought a new 4K TV!

Ouch, compare TV to a companion who showers you with love no questions asked? Hope all went well.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”