Lost & Found - For Animals Only

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Triple 6

Lost & Found - For Animals Only

Post by Triple 6 »

Edited to add - Owner claimed him yesterday. :)

This morning I saved this guy from being hit by a bus. He is under a year. Part Rottie :) and???? Well trained. Sit, lay down, stay. Has a tail and dew claws. He is fixed. The area is Hwy 97N and Ross Road, on the Westside (Very busy). I've called the pound and they have taken him. Looks like an escape artist!
Attachments
puppy.jpg
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
doc2013
Fledgling

Re: Lost & Found - For Animals Only

Post by doc2013 »

Mr. escape arteeest is very lucky to have met you and not traffic. I am sure he thanks you for rescuing him. I thank you too. :sunshine:
mella3

MISSING Red Siberian Husky

Post by mella3 »

On Wednesday, July 06th my parent's dog, Kira escaped from the Spotted Spa Kennels in Ellison. She is a red Siberian Husky, just over a year old,and has one blue eye and one gold eye. She is very friendly, but likes to get you running after her. She has a blue ROGZ collar on with a dog license on it. Since my parents live on the Westside - she may be trying to find her way back this way.

PLEASE keep an eye out for her and contact 250-769-0585 if you see her or find her!!!!

Thank you!
mella3

Re: MISSING Red Siberian Husky

Post by mella3 »

To give you an idea of what she looks like.
Attachments
Kira
Kira
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

She's beautiful. I hope you find her soon.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
diannewagner

Lost white and black cat

Post by diannewagner »

We live in Coldstream, off of husband road on Russet street. Our cat is named muffin, she is white and black, she is spayed, she also has a knotch out of the tip of each ear. She has a tendancy to wander around the block and has even been guilty of heading towards Kal beach. If you have seen her could you please call us. *phone number removed* please pm poster. Thank You!
KittySearch

Missing Kitty

Post by KittySearch »

Lost from Graham street, near downtown Kelowna. If seen or found please call. Reward.

*phone numbers removed*/ferri
Attachments
July2011Kitty.JPG
July2011 028.jpg
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

Wednesday night during the storm: Found a dog running loose in the North End of Kelowna, Richter Street/Coronation Avenue area. Very friendly pitbull-type breed and seemed afraid by the storm. Maybe bolted from his/her yard? He/she is safe now but needs to find his home.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Good news for a change!!!

B.C. cat with $5,000 bounty saunters home
The Canadian Press
Posted: Aug 11, 2011 3:30 PM PT
Last Updated: Aug 11, 2011 5:06 PM PT

Kitty the cat went missing for 12 days, prompting an unusually large reward offering and national media coverage. Kitty the cat went missing for 12 days, prompting an unusually large reward offering and national media coverage. (Barb Cook)

The cat came back — all on its own.

In the end, the $5,000 reward, hundreds of missing posters, national media coverage, online and social media campaigns, classified ads, a tracking dog request and 12 straight days of searching day and night were for naught.

Kitty the feline, who went missing from a downtown Kelowna, B.C., home on July 30, reappeared Wednesday in the same spot she disappeared from.

"I have no idea what happened to her and probably never will," said relieved owner Barb Cook.

"She's lost a ton of weight, is really dirty and smeared with grease and is traumatized. My best guess is that she ended up trapped in someone's shed or garage and bolted as soon as she could to come back."

The irony of the extraordinary measures to find the cat to have it simply return are not lost on Cook.

"I know," she said with a laugh. "People have asked me in jest if the cat wasn't here the whole time and I just didn't know it."
Story went viral

Cook's missing cat story struck a chord, not just in Kelowna, but across the country.

She ran a classified ad in the Kelowna paper offering a $5,000 reward.

The story was picked up by newspapers and websites across Canada and Cook was flooded with calls of sympathy, support and tips of where to look for lost cats.

It was Cook's three-year-old niece, Caira, who spotted Kitty back in the yard Wednesday morning.

Caira's mother, who is Cook's sister, won't allow Cook to give the child the reward money.

"I think what I'd do is use the $5,000 for a down payment as originally planned and then save and offer to pay for Caira's tuition for first-year college or university in 15 years time," Cook said.

Cook is a science teacher at North Peace High School in Fort St. John, B.C.

Her mom lives in Kelowna and she is the only one Cook trusts to watch Kitty when she travels.

So Kitty, an indoor cat, was left with mom in late July so Cook could visit her boyfriend in Texas and then continue on to San Diego for a teachers' conference.

When Kitty got outside and disappeared July 30, Cook came home immediately to start her exhaustive search.

"Some people think I am a bit fanatical about this," Cook said at the time.

"But Kitty is part of my family and this is what I would do for any member of my family who was missing."

Kitty in now getting a bath and veterinarian check and then Cook will scour town again — this time to take down all the missing posters she put up and tell all the people she contacted that Kitty has come home.
© The Canadian Press, 2011
The Canadian Press
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
jbiegel

Missing Dog

Post by jbiegel »

Have just recently moved here and our Welsh Corgi has gotten out of our fenced yard. His name is Chevy and loves kids and is very friendly. If you see him please PM. Thanks for your help.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Missing Dog

Post by gardengirl »

jbiegel wrote:Have just recently moved here and our Welsh Corgi has gotten out of our fenced yard. His name is Chevy and loves kids and is very friendly. If you see him please PM. Thanks for your help.

What part of town?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Do you have a picture of Chevy you can post? Hope he is found.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

mella3 wrote:To give you an idea of what she looks like.

Did this dog ever get found?

I saw one today in Rona, looked just like it.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

I've found a tan & black tabby non neutered male cat (guess at not a year old yet) on Gertsmar Rd. He may have come from the Collison Rd area. Very friendly to people so he has to be someone's pet. He was criss crossing across Gestmar when I first saw him, then later in the evening he was cruising down Tataryn Rd. checking out everyone's yard.

Hopefully someone will see this and claim him. I'll contact SPCA later, and cruise the area for any posters about lost cats.

If he's yours email me lj @ dignatis.com
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

wanderer wrote:I've found a tan & black tabby non neutered male cat (guess at not a year old yet) on Gertsmar Rd. He may have come from the Collison Rd area. Very friendly to people so he has to be someone's pet. He was criss crossing across Gestmar when I first saw him, then later in the evening he was cruising down Tataryn Rd. checking out everyone's yard.

Hopefully someone will see this and claim him. I'll contact SPCA later, and cruise the area for any posters about lost cats.

Owners found nearby the day after I posted this. Thanks

Return to “The Pet Lounge”