Man's best friend abandoned & scared in Kelowna

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Man's best friend abandoned & scared in Kelowna

Post by oneh2obabe »

Some people need to be __________ fill in the blank. Wouldn't be a pretty picture if I got my hands on the loser.

You see me, but I can not see you - Logan is a 7-year-old German Shepherd mix who was abandoned.

Logan needs a home.

He has special needs and is 80 per cent blind as a result of an ocular disease, which will require lifelong therapy and medication to prevent permanent blindness.

The 71.5 lbs, 7-year-old, German Shepherd mix was found abandoned and dropped off at the Kelowna dog control unit.

Due to Logan's health issues he was turned over the Kelowna SPCA on November 7th.

He is not doing well in the shelter environment. His sense are heightened from the loud noises and smells that surround him. Logan is scared.

Suzanne Pugh, the Branch Manager of the SPCA says, Logan spends his days hanging out in her office so he can receive the special attention that he needs.

"Logan would benefit from an adult only home environment with no other pets, to ensure that he gets the one on one attention and support that he needs. He loves to play with his toys and likes lots of adult fuss and attention."

Pugh is reaching out to the public because, Logan is in an urgent need of adoption.

"He has been with us for almost a month and he is not adapting well to a shelter environment."

The ideal person or couple for Logan, according to Pugh, would be experienced and confident dog guardians, with a fenced yard who can help reduce his anxieties and provide the mental and active stimulation that he needs.

"He would love to get out on regular walks and has lots of energy and has enjoyed going out on car rides."

Logan is not alone, he has many furry friends that are also looking for a place to call home.

According to Pugh there are hundreds of homeless animals throughout the province that desperately need to be adopted.

"The SPCA really discourages giving pets as gifts, but we really firmly believe that if an individual or family has really carefully considered bringing an animal into the home then what better time than the holiday season, people are on holidays and have time off work, so they have more time to integrate the new member into the home."

Although this is a great time of year for families to adopt a pet, Pugh says option must be considered carefully.

Unfortunately, the Kelowna BCSPCA sees more animals surrendered during the winter season and on the lead up to December.

Logan looks in the stockings for gifts

Pugh says it seems that the animals come into the shelter when people are overwhelmed with trying to balance paying the bills and buying Christmas gifts.

The BCSPCA is looking for donations at this time of year to help with the increasing need of caring for animals.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Triple 6

Re: Man's best friend abandoned & scared in Kelowna

Post by Triple 6 »

This breaks my heart. I would take him in a heartbeat. I actually contacted a sanctuary that deals with mostly blind animals. At the moment they don't have the room, but because he would do better/best in a only dog home it is going to make it hard to place him.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I'd take him, too, and I live a life that is compatible with his. But I cannot afford to keep a dog right now and so will not because he will probably need more than my current budget allows. The cat is cheap to keep and is a "working" animal - she's a mouser.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

grammafreddy wrote:I'd take him, too, and I live a life that is compatible with his. But I cannot afford to keep a dog right now and so will not because he will probably need more than my current budget allows. The cat is cheap to keep and is a "working" animal - she's a mouser.

:( you'd be a pretty awesome human for him. I get it. And who knows how much the cost for his eye care will be for the rest of his years.
You could look into it? hint hint.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Triple 6 wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I'd take him, too, and I live a life that is compatible with his. But I cannot afford to keep a dog right now and so will not because he will probably need more than my current budget allows. The cat is cheap to keep and is a "working" animal - she's a mouser.

:( you'd be a pretty awesome human for him. I get it. And who knows how much the cost for his eye care will be for the rest of his years.
You could look into it? hint hint.

Awww, Trip. I have too much turmoil in my life right now what with having to deal with my ex's brain cancer and moving there to look after him and all that.

I wish it was different. I really miss having a dawg for a friend.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
pattergrub
Fledgling

Post by pattergrub »

yup this one breaks my heart - if i didnt already have two he would have a FOREVER home with us!!
satisfaction is the death of desire!!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Looks like somebody has given Logan a forever home. He's not on the Kelowna SPCA web site and it doesn't appear he's been transferred to Penticton or Vernon.

ETA ... damn, he's back on their web site.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
pattergrub
Fledgling

Post by pattergrub »

doesn't anybody have a home for LOGAN - he has been there so long - he is currently in a foster home but DESPERATLEY needs his FOREVER home!!!
satisfaction is the death of desire!!

Return to “The Pet Lounge”