Canine Hydrotherapy

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Canine Hydrotherapy

Post by Darlin06 »

We have a senior dog (10 years old) who has torn both acl's and has had 3 surgeries...Dogs don't tend to show they're in pain unless its very severe but I've been looking into hydrotherapy as a way to maybe help with potential pain she may have and still have fun being in warm water...Is there anywhere in Kelowna that does this?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Re: Canine Hydrotherapy

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Tri Lake Animal Hospital in Winfield has an underwater treadmill. http://www.trilake.ca/

I thought I had read of another place that offers pet hydro therapy, but I can't think of it right now.

~D
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I am pretty sure Trip is the one to ask. I seem to recall her puppies needed that.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

Awesome! I will have to try Tri-Lake and check. I've come up with nothing myself...And I can't seem to find "trip"...I will try the vet's office and see what they say. Thanks :)
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Trip is short for Triple 6. She's a mod and you'll see her name in green in the lists of each forum. You can click on her name and pm her if you like.

I was almost positive there is a private hydro therapy clinic that opened up not to long ago. I've been trying to find it without much luck. I keep getting Vancouver facilities. I bet any vet office could tell you about it though if it is there.

Good luck and good on ya for seeking that out for your older gal.

~D
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

Thanks, I eventually figured that out...lol

I've searched online and all that comes up for me as well is Vancouver facilities..I will definitely give Tri-Lake a call, I messaged Trip, and I'll speak with our vet tomorrow to see what he knows...

Thanks for your help :)
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I know Top Dog Kennels used to have a therapy pool but not sure if they set it up again at their present location. They could send you in the right direction though if you give them a call.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Ridge Hilton

Post by Ridge Hilton »

After a few emails, I want to share, TriLake Vet Clinic is the ONLY clinic to offer Hydrotherapy on site in the Okanagan. Therapy is only being done Tuesday & Thursday, but I bet if more of use the service, it will be a full time effort.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”