Devotion

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Devotion

Post by oneh2obabe »

Tommy is a dog who has had his heart broken. His owner died over 2 months ago and he has been patiently waiting for her to return to him. He is a seven year old dog and he was adopted by Maria Margherita Lochi when she found him in the fields by her home when he was younger.

Every day, Maria would walk to church with Tommy. They would attend services together, with him patiently sitting at her feet.

After Maria's funeral was held at the local church they attended daily together, Tommy has been making a special solo journey every day. He has been traveling to the church just to wait for her, hoping she will some day return.

Father Donato Panna said: "He's there every time I celebrate Mass and is very well behaved - he doesn't make a sound, I've not heard one bark from him in all the time he has been coming in.

"He used to come to Mass with Maria and he was obviously devoted to her - I let him stay inside as he was always so well behaved and none of the other parishoners ever complained to me.

"He's still coming to Mass even after Maria's funeral, he waits patiently by the side of the altar and just sits there quietly. I didn't have the heart to throw him out - I've just recently lost my own dog so I leave him there until Mass finishes and then I let him out."

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Devotion

Post by Bsuds »

Poor guy!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
banjr89
Fledgling

Post by banjr89 »

:crocodiletears: :crocodiletears: :crocodiletears: :crocodiletears: :crocodiletears:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Reminds me of Greyfriar's Bobby. What a good movie that was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Bobby
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

When I was a kid, our next door neighbor got hit by a truck and died after being transported to a local hospital. His German shepherd was with him, and after the ambulance took him away, the dog just stayed there on a side of a road. We'd bring food and water to feed the dog, but it wouldn't eat anything as it's used to only being fed by his owner. Drunk water though. I even asked my grandparents if I could adopt it, but they said no - and the dog wouldn't even move anyway, just lay down and refuse to go anywhere.

Died after few days from starvation.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

Best friend a person could ever have...Dogs are so amazing!! I don't know what I'd do without mine :crocodiletears: :crocodiletears:
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers

Return to “The Pet Lounge”