Pet food recall

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Lore
Übergod

Pet food recall

Post by Lore »

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: PET FOOD RECALL

Post by Bsuds »

We were advised of this at the Pet store and informed that all products affected were off the shelves and anything on the shelves was safe.
It was cat food that was affected but they pulled dog food just to be safe as well.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Ditto to what Suds said. The samonella danger was to the people handling the food and not washing their hands before feeding themselves, not to the pets themselves. It was also a miniscule threat to humans, but they did the recall to be on the very safe side.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Bsuds wrote:We were advised of this at the Pet store and informed that all products affected were off the shelves and anything on the shelves was safe.
It was cat food that was affected but they pulled dog food just to be safe as well.

I realize its been pulled from the shelves and only posted this in case someone bought the food before it was pulled and they are feeding it to their pet now.
Where did you read it was just cat food?
Thats not what the racall says.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Piecemaker wrote:Ditto to what Suds said. The samonella danger was to the people handling the food and not washing their hands before feeding themselves, not to the pets themselves. It was also a miniscule threat to humans, but they did the recall to be on the very safe side.

Where did you read that as that is not what the recall says.
I have had salmonella before and it was BAD!
I can imagine how sick a cat or dog would get,
it could be life threatening.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

From what I was told it was not found in any of the food samples, but somewhere in the factory when cat food was made. To be on the safe side they recalled everything - both cat and dog food. Cats do not typically become very ill with samonella but it is something they can spread to humans and vice versa. At the time I was purchasing cat food there had not been any reports of any ill pets nor any evidence that any of the food being sold was tainted. It was just the behaviour of an ethical company who didn't want to take any chances with it. They contacted all their distributors and asked them to pull the product and it was replaced fairly quickly with another batch.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Lore
Übergod

Re: Pet food recall

Post by Lore »

Return to “The Pet Lounge”