Dog Swimming Areas

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
June45

Dog Swimming Areas

Post by June45 »

I really love Cedar Creek Dog Park but it is so darn far out. Is there any other pet friendly (maybe not authorized) areas closer to the Rutland area that I could take my dogs for a swim? Is there anything in Lake Country?
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Dog Swimming Areas

Post by Amarow121 »

No. There's the Gellatly beach in West Kelowna, and the Cedar park one "in Kelowna".
As far as I know there is no "official" dog beach anywhere else.

Yes it's frustrating, because (like you) it is a ways out for me and my dog to drive to enjoy a swim.

I can't remember if I've written a city councillor about it, but maybe it's time to do so.
pattergrub
Fledgling

Post by pattergrub »

I go to the wood lake boat launch quite often
satisfaction is the death of desire!!
M and M

Post by M and M »

In Lake Country on Woodsdale road where the tennis courts are you will find a trail off of the parking lot.
There is a doggy poo bag dispenser at the start of the trail, follow the trail down to the lake and there is a "On Leash Dog Beach".
This beach is not nice for people to swim and could use some clean up, but it is great for dogs and there are always a lot of dead and broken undergrowth around which makes an abundance of fetching sticks. If you buy a dollar store leash and cut open the hand loop a dog can swim safely with a dangling leash without getting snagged and is technically still on leash.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”