Pet Communication?

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Pet Communication?

Post by Bsuds »

How does your pet try to communicate with you when it wants something?

Ours will stare at us and react when we ask the right question.

eg, do you want to go out, or do you want your supper?

I swear she thinks we are stupid for not reading her mind and getting it right on the first guess. lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pet Communication?

Post by flamingfingers »

Smokey would sit at the door and look over his shoulder at me. Obvious what he wanted. Or he would stand and stare at his food dish and give me a look.... obvious. While I was eating he would sit and watch me and if anyone came close to me he would stand between them and me and stare them down. Protect me from anyone who may want to 'steal' my food. If he wanted to play he would bring his chew toy and put it at my feet and stare at me. I still miss the old guy.....
Chill
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

My mom's old Westie used to sit in front of the fan on the floor and open and close her mouth to get us to turn it on.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Jaxson barks when he wants in...this bark is much different then his normal barking to bark. He also does the looks are his disk and then at you when he wants it filled. Sits by the backdoor and whines when he wants out.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I miss the last kitty I had. He used to have several different tones and would talk back, or so it seemed. He also used to come get me when my daughter as an infant awoke from her nap. Damn I miss him. He hated the phone though, he'd go snaky when I was on the phone, leap, and use my back like a springboard; it scared the crap out of me every time too. Still miss him.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Many words will trigger a Rottie explosion at our place, go, truck, walk, swim, cookie, hungry, whose there ?, go out, are some. You also have to be carefull picking up your keys or going into the room that the dogfood is in. When I put on shoes, a hat or coat they go into a frenzy.
Black Dogs Matter
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

My husband would put on his running clothes and the dog freaks out.

This was documentary was interesting: http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/dog-d ... e=dogmatch
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Our red-neck,Shih-Tzu (probably not a purebred and definitely not show quality!) communicates many ways. He comes to one of us and makes a little whimper if wants somethings. Then when we say the right word such as "out", "walk" "ride" or "treat", etc., he sneezes. If he really wants to say, go for a walk, then he sneezes, wags his tail and dances around.
If we want to take him for a walk and he doesn't feel like it, he lies down at the top of the stairs.
If the evening is getting on and he wants to go to bed, he comes to us and sits and stares and makes a small whimper.
He knows we always go to the bathroom before leaving the house. So every time we use the washroom he tags along. If we say, "nothing's happening...go lie down", then he does. If we have told him we are going for a walk and to "load up", he take a drink from his water dish.
He picks whatever route he wants to walk, if we let him. He has a four-point braking system if we try to go a different way!
If we try to sleep in, he comes in and hops on the bed and make a little whine and nudges us. Then once we are up, he goes back to bed!
At night when we let him out the back deck to go down the stairs to his fenced area, he likes us to come with him to the top of the stairs and wait for him. He goes a little way and then turns and looks at us until we follow him. (Guess he's heard about coyotes!)
If we are not home and he needs to go out, he goes to the door of my mother's suite and lets out a distinctive sharp bark that he never uses for us.

Our grand-dog will get his leash from the hook and carry it over to our daughter or son-in-law when he wants to go for a walk.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

Our Australian Shepherd will come to us and give a little growl if he needs to go out. If he wants to play, he'll bring a toy.

If we go out, he assumes he's coming. If we tell him he can't come this time, he'll go lie down on his bed and still be there when we return hours later.

If he gets scolded for something, he runs into his crate and hangs his head in shame. It's great - he self punishes!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If Foxy feels she is being ignored she will get her loudest squeeky toy and start squeeking it right in your face.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Mine are also thrilled to hear the words truck ride, mountain, run, bike ride, treat, toy or they hear keys or a leash. The words bath time makes then run to their crate and cower, they are not fans. My boy sings along to harmonicas, even if he is outside. It makes listening to the blues station very difficult.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

LOL about the singing to the harmonica. Our dog starts to "sing" if I sing "Oh, Canada" or "How Much is that Doggie in the Window." Other songs he lets me go solo.
fastfreddie
Fledgling

Post by fastfreddie »

begging Charlie.JPG
It's not the color of your skin that matters,it's the color of your blood.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

I have three cats. When the food bowl is empty:
Cat 1 will harass us unendingly
Cat 2 will sprawl out in the middle of the kitchen and smack anyone who comes near
Cat 3 will fall asleep
Socially anxious, anxiously social
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Cat 3 knows that Cat 1 is taking care of things! Cat 3 is the smartest of the lot.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”