Pet Communication?

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Pet Communication?

Post by Lady tehMa »

My in-laws dogs decide when they want attention. The male will plop his head in your lap and look up at you with soulful eyes (they're spaniels). The female will sit beside you (by your feet, but not lying down) and wait expectantly. If you fail to get the message, she will lift a paw and rake it down your leg. Cute if you are wearing jeans, not so cute if you're in shorts.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

While eating in front of the TV the dog will sit at my feet and just so I don't forget that she's there she will lick my leg.

Either that or she's tasting me....lol
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^She is cleaning you. Take her hint. Have a shower! ;)
Chill
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

If I ignore the dog's staring or vocal pleas for attention, she'll paw at the ground like a mad bull. If the bird needs attention he'll say "peekaboo" or "come here".
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

When pooch decides he needs to go out in the wee hours of the morning he sits and stares. If I don't get up within a minute or two he starts with the soft sighs. If that doesn't work, it's the old huff 'n puff routine. And if that doesn't work, it's stick the nose into my face and snort a few times.

When my male Siamese stud (lived to the ripe old age of 21) wanted fed early he'd gently lick my eyelid until I woke up. If he thought it wasn't working fast enough he did the the old sandpaper tongue straight across the eyelid a couple of times. Believe me, that would wake the dead.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
TMixer
Board Meister

Post by TMixer »

Piecemaker wrote:Cat 3 knows that Cat 1 is taking care of things! Cat 3 is the smartest of the lot.

Cat 3 has never had a negative experience in his life. Cat 3 knows food will eventually appear no matter what he does. Cat 3 fears nothing.
Socially anxious, anxiously social

Return to “The Pet Lounge”