So is your pet truly a member of the family?

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

So is your pet truly a member of the family?

Post by GordonH »

This post is not to the responsible pet owners who do their research on difference between good & bad choices of food.

This is to those who say their Pet is member of the Family, then turn around buy crap grocery brand cat or dog food.

There are many really good pet food manufacturers on the market, so if you truly care about your furry family members do some research, on the food best for him or her. Okay
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: So is your Pet truly a member of the Family

Post by Nebula »

By that logic, because I sometimes buy my son crap grocery brand boxed frozen pizza, he is not truly a member of my family.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sorry, not my choice as the Dog is the Boss.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Nebula wrote:By that logic, because I sometimes buy my son crap grocery brand boxed frozen pizza, he is not truly a member of my family.

I posted as I see it Nebula, take it anyway you wish

As for you purchase of frozen pizza for your son, only maybe if that was all he had to eat for every meal.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

This thread is in response to my posting the Bad Dog, Good Dog commercial. As stated, I'm not endorsing any specific brand of pet food - just thought people would enjoy seeing it.

Previous thread about dog food if anyone is interested.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12007
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

To answer your question oneh2obabe that would be a no.

So I give a damn what people are feeding their pet and want to encourage them to find better food.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I have 2 cats and they both eat very well. I buy high quality wet and dry food.
I make sure they always have fresh water. With male cats, it is particularly important that they get enough moisture in their diet to avoid urinary tract issues. Many cats do not like to drink water, so the wet food provides the moisture they need.
The food for my 2 cats is about $150 every 4-6 weeks. I believe that better quality food will come back in savings with fewer trips to the Vet
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Our dogs are our kids and they are not just a member of the family, they are our family. We've done our research, both online and word of mouth and feel we've found one of the best foods on the market. Having said that, they still get some "crap" as well, Superstore no-name brand bacon treats for example, they get one a day and love them. But we do make our own treats, such as cheese squares. Our breeder actually gave us some reciepes for treats as well, was a nice touch. And I'm sure some will give the evil eye, but yes they do get food off the table from time to time, such as a bit of steak, chicken, fish or hamburger. On top of that, they get lots and lots of loving all day and plenty of excersice and playtime.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

I don't own any pets, but I get a kick out of the Blue Buffalo commercial, talking about it's amazing natural ingredients but then using an imaginary creature as their logo.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

underscore wrote:I don't own any pets, but I get a kick out of the Blue Buffalo commercial, talking about it's amazing natural ingredients but then using an imaginary creature as their logo.

Here's story behind the "Blue" in the companies name.
http://bluebuffalo.com/company-history
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

I can't afford to eat lobster every night neither can my dog and cats. Like my family they don't get the top brands but they also don't get the worse brands. We a food allergy with our dog we are careful what we feed him.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
redwine

Post by redwine »

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

This website is good to see where your dog food is for quality.
perhaps the straight and narrow would be wider if more people used it
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

GordonH wrote:Here's story behind the "Blue" in the companies name.
http://bluebuffalo.com/company-history

I skimmed it but only saw some marketing spiel.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”