Vet Questions

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
AandMKelowna

Vet Questions

Post by AandMKelowna »

I saw an ad today for Asher Road Animal Hospital that said the first exam was free. My cat is allergic to nature and I only need an allergy shot for him but a lot of vets "need" to do a first exam before they will give him one(I do have his records of weight and medicinal history as well). Soooo Asher road seems pretty appealing right now. BUT, it's kind of far away from me for just an allergy shot, so.....

1) If anyone has had any good/bad experience with this particular clinic could you please pm me?

2) If anyone can suggest another vet's office, closer to downtown that they have experience with, that might possibly have a free first exam as well, that would be skookum!

TIA
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Vet Questions

Post by baconbits »

I doubt that they do a free exam, however I highly recommend Fairfield Animal Hospital I believe it is on Kirshner if that's how you spell it..
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Free is not always a good thing.
I would suggest going to a different vet.
My vet is jacobson's vet ser. on Kirshner.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

This might be more appropriate in the Pet subforum.

The Vet out on Sexsmith was excellent when we had pets, and I've heard good things since.
I haven't failed until I quit.
kyoddie

Post by kyoddie »

Sorry but I had the worst experience with the one on Sexsmith when my puppy broke his foot.
Ended up with Fairfield and they were much better.
AandMKelowna

Post by AandMKelowna »

Lady tehMa wrote:This might be more appropriate in the Pet subforum.

The Vet out on Sexsmith was excellent when we had pets, and I've heard good things since.

I didn't realize there was one when I had posted this :) Thank you all for your suggestions.
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

AandMKelowna wrote:I saw an ad today for Asher Road Animal Hospital that said the first exam was free.

I have all the vet visit papers for my girl, her first visit as a pup was free. I think that is just to check them (look them over) before you take them home, that they look healthy. It is not for exams or issues. Many pet stores have a certificate for a free exam, it's advertising for a Vet Clinic basically.
AandMKelowna

Post by AandMKelowna »

Yeah I'm thinking that's what it is as well and all of the vets I called said it's just to make sure there are no apparent issues. Which, there aren't but because his last check-up was over a year ago they require it for Rx's.

And I never ended up taking him in at all. Through two weeks of trying to get things faxed from one vet to the other and never getting my calls returned I did some googling and for once it paid off. I changed his diet and now he is fine with no shots.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”