Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

Post by Dizzy1 »

I love the photo of the Boxer on the Castanet homepage .... sooooooooo cute :)

Anyway, it would be nice if these types of scum would not only get caught but actually get punished appropriately and not just get a little slap on the wrist.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
djscotty

Post by djscotty »

Triple 6 wrote:I agree. something is off and not quite right. Still watch your pet(s) carefully!

Yes I too agree. I think castanet based their story on facebook posts. The fact is that the one dog in question tested negative for antifreeze. I don't believe most people actually know what antifreeze smells like and nobody has collected any of this evidence and shown police.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

this actually reminds me of what happened at the dog park on Richter a few years ago. the same rumor, but someone went to the trouble of making signs and hanging them on the fences there, claiming someone was poisoning dogs. there was nothing to it at all.

i agree that it sounds pretty fishy, all this poison laced food everywhere and yet no one has grabbed any to give to the RCMP?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

ferri wrote:i agree that it sounds pretty fishy, all this poison laced food everywhere and yet no one has grabbed any to give to the RCMP?

Do you really want to give RCMP a poisoned donut?

Just saw a post on my facebook indicating that there's been some poisoned donuts found at the rutland park.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
djscotty

Post by djscotty »

Interesting that some of the local dog care facilities are using this scare to draw new customers

https://www.facebook.com/barknflyonline
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Interesting isn't the word I was thinking.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

Apparently the dog and dog owner were someone I know.

She was told by a gentleman outside the park that her dog had just eaten some donuts that he thought were laced with antifreeze. He did not give her his name or any contact info, and just said that he'd be in the process of "cleaning it up" when her dog ate it. She was concerned by this, took her dog immediately to the vet where vomiting was induced. Apparently to check for antifreeze on does blood tests. Because the vomiting was induced so quickly, the blood tests did not come up with anything. Not sure what if anything happened to the vomitus.

Either way, I can understand why someone would be upset and concerned for themselves and other dog owners after an incident like that.

I don't know if there was antifreeze or not, but the whole thing is pretty disturbing.

Though I do have to wonder what a would be poisoner would hope to accomplish. Is (s)he hoping that dog owners will boycott dog parks? Is (s)he hoping that dog owners will frequent non-dog parks since they are less likely to be booby trapped? Because that seems like the likely result. If people can't go to a dog park to enjoy a walk with their dogs, they are likely doing to go to non-dog parks.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Another case... Re: Anti-freeze in Glenmore dog park

Post by Jim Dixon »

Another assault on dogs yesterday, downtown Kelowna - in their own back yards yet!!! One is in a coma - by Binging the issue, he may not last 48 hours.

If people have a problem with dogs, they should take it up with the SPCA or local Overlords (government). I'm sure that even animal haters wouldn't go so far as to poison any. It takes a deranged person to commit such acts. Anytime this starts, there seems to be copycats willing to cause pain and grief to the owners and dogs themselves, in hopes the original slime will get any of the blame.

Someone, or some people, know who is doing this. Slime has slime for friends. Slimy friends will do most anything for a buck - a reward may be what is needed. If I thought there were strong people willing, I'd start the reward fund by throwing in $100.00 as seed to help it grow.

j
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Do you really want to give RCMP a poisoned donut?

That IS good :)

j
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”