Smokey loves life at 17

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Smokey loves life at 17

Post by oneh2obabe »

Some people should be strung up and ... believe me, you don't really want to know.

17-year-old Smokey was abandoned by her family in the twilight of her life, but thanks to the Young at Heart Senior Pet Rescue ( http://yahpetrescue.com/ ), she has found joy once more.

After 17 years of providing nothing but love and companionship to her family, Smokey was left at an open-access shelter to die alone.

The arthritic senior girl had to sleep on cold concrete. She was covered in fleas, super filthy, had very long nails, and after a week of being in the pound, was having a hard time walking.

After a short time receiving the proper tender loving care, Smokey regained her mobility and her zest for life.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Smokey loves life at 17

Post by xjeepguy »

Some people truly need a good smack .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Was thinking more along the lines of 千刀万剐 . (death by a thousand cuts)
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's nice to see Smokey so happy!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “The Pet Lounge”