Dog poop etiquette

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Dog poop etiquette

Post by Amarow121 »

Not your typical dog poop rant!

What I want to know is, what is good dog poop etiquette. To me, good dog poop etiquette means you pick up as soon as your dog has pooped, right there, right now. As opposed to leaving it, or picking it up on the loop home 20, 30 or 60 minutes later. This seems especially true if your dog poops on someone's lawn or yard.

What are your thoughts on this?
Equally, if there are those who delay their poop removal, why?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Dog poop etiquette

Post by Bsuds »

I try to catch it before it hits the ground but I get this strange look from my dog! lol

Picking it up right away would be the proper etiquette.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
pssts

Post by pssts »

I sometimes will leave a filled poop bag on the side of a trail, so that I can pick it up on my way back. This way I don't have to carry it for our entire walk. I only do this on trails that are not used frequently though. I will carry the filled poop bag on trails like the greenway and certainly would never leave poop on the side of a residential road or someone's lawn . I think that it is okay to leave the filled bag because at least this prevents someone from inadvertently stepping in it. I would NEVER leave just the poop.
PSSTS
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I've recently moved to Vancouver and am surprised at the number of dogs in this city. I am also not too happy that at least four times in the past seven weeks I have had the extreme displeasure of stepping in a pile, and that does not even come close to the piles I have avoided.

When I am busy dragging my shoe through whatever I can find to clean as much of the sheet off as possible, I have images of making little flagged signs to push into the ground next to the piles that read "another inconsiderate dog owner was here". I wonder if that might produce some shame?

Return to “The Pet Lounge”