Sick of radical "breeders" and made-up mutt breeds

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
givenrfarm
Board Meister

Re: sick of radical "breeders" and made-up mutt breeds

Post by givenrfarm »

Puppy mills are a big problem. So are back yard breeders putting out litters twice yearly. I'm just sum dum truck driving farmer. I have no idea. Just see something wrong and recognize a solution to a problem needs to be made before a bigger problem than the one already existing is created. Education clearly isnt working because everyday people are buying dogs based on how cute it is not on the fact it is a good dog or from a good breeder. I guess I'm just sad so many dogs wind up at pounds or if they are lucky, get good homes but have their lives cut way too short for no fault of their own, bad genetics. Pups by dozens living in cages because the novelty of the breed wore off. I cannot be the only person who sees sad news of abandoned and neglected animals. Pittbulls for example are so over populated right now and getting horribly bad reps. Perhaps because the mean dog bred with the mean dog because somebody saw money in dog fights and guard dogs. Every wanna be bad guy wanted a pit. Now this once beautiful kind mannered breed had turned into a fear creating Mess despite all the sweet natured pits out there. There is no recourse for the bad guys though. Just the poor dogs. I have no idea how to fix this all. I just believe it isn't right. Dogs and any animal should not have to suffer for the ignorance of humans. Ever.
Chrome, cowboy boots, and a license does not, a professional driver make!
Horse, cowboy hat, and pick-up truck, does not, a cowboy make!
Twenty grand, twenty miles, and two tattoos, does not, a biker make!
pssts

Post by pssts »

Just so you know, the pittbull is not a recognized Canadian Kennel Club(CKC) or American Kennel Club(AKC) breed.
This may be why there are so many issues with the breed.
PSSTS
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Pitbull isn't a breed. It's an umbrella term that encompasses several breeds including American Pitbull Terrier (UKC and ADBA), American Staffordshire Terrier (AKC and CKC), Staffordshire Bull Terrier (AKC and CKC) and sometimes the Bull Terrier (AKC and CKC), American Bulldog (UKC), Dogo Argentino (AKC), Cane Corso (AKC and UKC) any mix thereof or dog that is muscular with short hair and a wedge shaped head.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
givenrfarm
Board Meister

Post by givenrfarm »

Missing the point on the bull breeds. My dog is a pit crossed with lab. We think. To say any bed hasn't been changed from original standards from idiots would be naive at best. Not all changes are negative. But more often than not, it is negative.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

jennylives is a very knowledgeable individual on the bull breeds so there's no way she's missing the point.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
givenrfarm
Board Meister

Post by givenrfarm »

Back yard breeders ruining good dogs not specifics on breeds themselves. I'm not liver of any specific breed. Just so disgusted with all these yard tards making puppies irresponsibly because they see money not ethical endings of lifelong homes for these mad produced dogs :(

Return to “The Pet Lounge”