Feral cat with kittens

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Feral cat with kittens

Post by Bpeep »

I'd like to add that the Okanagan Humane Society has a volunteer board of directors, does not euthanize unless medically nessecary, and has spayed/ neutered well in excess of 10,000.
They get approx 10% of the govt funding that the SPCA gets.
They are the charity I support.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mem

Post by mem »

Well, I have changed who I will give too for charity as well. You can on believe the relief when they said the would help.
Now, I just have to get the neighbors to stop feeding them, so our plan will work to get them to the upper property. We have to have only one feeding zone, to be successful at trapping the kittens.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What the Okanagan Humane Society needs is financing, a facility, (it's run out of volunteers homes) and new manpower.
The directors of the Society are all getting elderly.
If they got half the financing the SPCA got from govt and the public they would make a huge noticeable difference.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
mem

Post by mem »

Agree with you. Now days, life seems to consume us. I think many of us would like to help, but there is not enough hours in a day, with family, grand children and working. I will do what I can to help out with this kitty issue. The bigger problem is the colony and the people that feed them without make sure that the cats or fixed. I am glad that the Humans Society is going to be talking with the business that is involved. They have money, they should step up to the plate to assist.

The humane society needs donations, I will do my part. The lady I talked to is the best.
Now, if there is anyone out there that knows of a farm, barn or someone that can foster kittens please let me know. I can't as I have a dog and no place to keep them safe was they are caught. There are five little black fluffy kittens..........

I am worried about the mother cat, I heard two loud, long screams yesterday at the marina, it was cat cat in pain, I hope it was not her.
I know the sound of a cat in pain, my old cats kidneys shut down, I will never forget that sound, it was a death scream.
beancounter
Board Meister

Post by beancounter »

Bman wrote:What the Okanagan Humane Society needs is financing, a facility, (it's run out of volunteers homes) and new manpower.
The directors of the Society are all getting elderly.
If they got half the financing the SPCA got from govt and the public they would make a huge noticeable difference.

Not trying to take anything at all away from the Humane Society, but the BC SPCA is one of the most well run (financially) charities in Canada'; rated Number 1 in Canada in the Animal Welfare category. They receive NO funding provincially, receive some Grants from HRDC Federally to offset staff/training, and minimal municipal grants, depending on the location. The bulk of their funding comes from donations and legacies - which is people's free choice. Those who care and are able to will give to the society which best matches their philosophy - again - free choice; and unfortunately there is never enough to go around.
I agree with you 100% that other charities, including the OK Humane Society, need funding; but to say the government is funding the SPCA is giving credit where credit is not due.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The bc spca gets funded to the tune of 30 million dollars a year, yet they refuse to help a single mom with a litter of feral cats.
Notwithstanding where they got it from, that in itself speaks volumes.

Meanwhile, a few local elderly ladies who volunteer their time and struggle for money run the ohs and they're the only ones who pitch in to help.
That should help people understand where their donation money should go.
The Okanagan Humane Society has a website.
Become a member!
mem

Post by mem »

Hi, I agree 100%, the Humane Society needs every ones help. The lady that helped us, went out of here way to try to assist us.
Locally, there is one woman for the local Humane Society. It is time that we try and do everything to help her out. If anyone has fund raising ideas, PM me. There is a need for a place where these feral cats and strays dogs can be cares for other than the SPCA.
We are having success with the capture.......I knew there was a problem but just not how big. There needs to be action taken on the people that feed the feral cat colonies without the animals being fixed. Anyone that wants to donate, get in touch with me and I will talk with the lady from the Humane Society.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”