Allowing your dog to tree a cat!

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
banjr89
Fledgling

Allowing your dog to tree a cat!

Post by banjr89 »

Ok this should be fun :) On Saturday my husband and I were leaving for dinner. Across the road I saw a woman with her dog (on a lead) in my neighbours yard under their big tree . Her dog was looking up the tree as she was just standing there. As we drove by I looked thinking a squirrel or raccoon ? No it was our neighbours older cat. She was staring at us grinning !!! We did leave, but had to turn around a few mins later, as we forgot something . She was still there, smirking at us, as her dog was still under the tree and cat was still up the tree !!!! Neighbours were away for the weekend so we didn't wanna confront her, as we thought perhaps she knew them. Found out the next day that nope, she didn't know them, apparently others have seen her walk by our street before. I sure wish I would've given her a tongue lashing !!!! But we now know what her and her dog look like, so I will be having a word with her next time I see her !!!! Does anyone think this was ok ? After all she was on private property !!! I just feel bad that we didn't say anything to her but by her reaction to seeing us, we thought she knew these people .
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Allowing your dog to tree a cat !!!!!!

Post by oneh2obabe »

Take her picture then rip her a new one in no uncertain terms. Give the picture to the neighbour who can, if they feel it necessary, report her to the police for trespassing along with filing a report with animal control.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

While I don't agree with the woman letting her dog do this I also don't agree with the cat being allowed to run loose while they are away.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
banjr89
Fledgling

Post by banjr89 »

Bsuds wrote:While I don't agree with the woman letting her dog do this I also don't agree with the cat being allowed to run loose while they are away.

Their older son was home while they were away :) so NO they didn't just go away and abandon the cat outside ! They love this cat !!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

OK but I also don't think cats should be running free outside while all dogs are required to be on a leash.
If it was inside it wouldn't get chased up a tree now would it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I didn't realize "treeing a cat" was an actual term.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
banjr89
Fledgling

Post by banjr89 »

Bsuds wrote:OK but I also don't think cats should be running free outside while all dogs are required to be on a leash.
If it was inside it wouldn't get chased up a tree now would it.

So you are totally ok with the fact that someone was in someone else's yard ??? Said cat was NOT in her yard, but it's own !!! Interesting
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

banjr89 wrote:So you are totally ok with the fact that someone was in someone else's yard ??? Said cat was NOT in her yard, but it's own !!! Interesting

No, go back and read my post. I said I did not agree with what the woman did!

But...I also do not think cats should be roaming free either.

So we have 2 wrongs here.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

IMO...if MY cat is in MY yard and she came on MY property with the dog and scared my cat up a tree....I would be livid. I had a cat that never left the yard. To me, this person is a very mean person!!!!! I would take pics, or videos, and I would call the SPCA and RCMP....even though they have bigger issues, I would file a complaint.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Catz wrote:IMO...if MY cat is in MY yard and she came on MY property with the dog and scared my cat up a tree....I would be livid. I had a cat that never left the yard. To me, this person is a very mean person!!!!! I would take pics, or videos, and I would call the SPCA and RCMP....even though they have bigger issues, I would file a complaint.

Maybe the cat craps in her flower bed on it's daily rounds. What do you think someone should do if they catch a cat doing that?
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”