Question: Castanets' spay/neuter policy for rabbits

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
BigFatLyre

Question: Castanets' spay/neuter policy for rabbits

Post by BigFatLyre »

Castanet announces in their pet column that you may advertise spayed/neutered rabbits only, as per Kelowna's by-law. However, Castanet has extended this policy throughout their domain. Can anyone explain the logic of this to me? It seems to me that if you're that concerned about pets it should either extend to all listings of all pets, or nothing. Or is it because "wabbits" don't have a vocal organized constituency??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Question: Castanets' spay/neuter policy for rabbits

Post by Fancy »

Probably because of the feral rabbit population that had to be dealt with. Bunnies breed like rabbits and people will let loose the ones they don't want to go forth and multiply.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
BigFatLyre

Post by BigFatLyre »

Fancy wrote:Probably because of the feral rabbit population that had to be dealt with. Bunnies breed like rabbits and people will let loose the ones they don't want to go forth and multiply.

Yes, I understand the point, but that applies to rats, mice, cats and dogs as well.
It's actually more likely around the Okanagan that these other animals will survive
with more success, what with the coyotes, racoons, and cougars around here.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rabbits were thriving and doing damage which is why they were exterminated. Can't have a repeat.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “The Pet Lounge”