Freedom of pets?

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Frisk
Guru

Freedom of pets?

Post by Frisk »

What control do I have over someones pet(s) that have strayed onto my property? Are you allowed to use force? I don't really mind if they are just walking by, but when they start using my backyard as a bathroom it's kinda a different story.
K_teela
Fledgling

Re: Freedom of pets?

Post by K_teela »

If you're really considering force as a last resort, a decent deterrent (for a larger animal like a dog) could be using a sling shot with sugar cubes as ammo. Just aim for the body, the sugar cube will break up on impact and as such will not really do any damage to the animal...but they'll learn to stay away.
If it's a cat, you can buy sensors that will spray/make loud sudden noises/light up etc to try and scare them away.

First thing you should try though is talk to the owner if you know where the animal comes from.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Leave dead fish lying about out so that they can roll around in it and the owner will decide it's a better idea to keep them inside.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Quailize wrote:What control do I have over someones pet(s) that have strayed onto my property? Are you allowed to use force? I don't really mind if they are just walking by, but when they start using my backyard as a bathroom it's kinda a different story.

Keep a hose handy and spray them. The owner not the dog...lol

If it's a cat then trap them and take to the SPCA.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Do you know who they belong too? Is there any way you could just talk to them about it?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Could try a motion sensor sprinkler, once your outside water is on again. That's about as much force as I'd be comfortable recommending.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”