Kitty stuck in tree - help?

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Kayshin

Kitty stuck in tree - help?

Post by Kayshin »

Hi there,

There's been a kitty stuck in a tree for quite some time now. We alerted the people living in the building that the tree is in but nothing's been done to get it out yet.

I've been told by someone else who saw the kitty that the firefighters won't dispatch to do this, which is understandable but sad all the same. I don't have a ladder tall enough to get him down or I'd do it myself, even though I am afraid of heights.

Any ideas or is there anyone with a really tall ladder that wants to try and give it a shot?

I've attached an image of the tree/kitty. It's near 325 Mills Road. Please PM me and I can give you exact details.
Attachments
kitty in tree.jpg
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Kitty stuck in tree - help?

Post by gardengirl »

Ohhhhh poor kitty. I wonder if Tree Guy is out there somewhere.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

How long has the cat been in the tree and does it have white feet and white on its neck and upper chest area?
Hard to tell the exact coloring on the cat from that picture.
Are you able to get a zoomed in picture of the cat?
Kayshin

Post by Kayshin »

Lore wrote:How long has the cat been in the tree and does it have white feet and white on its neck and upper chest area?
Hard to tell the exact coloring on the cat from that picture.
Are you able to get a zoomed in picture of the cat?

It does have white on it's neck, I really can't tell with the paws or chest area because they are hidden by how it's sitting, and now it's pretty dark out. I've tried everything I can think of to get it down, even tried asking a guy working on the fiber line around the corner on his super large ladder but he told me to call 911...

I've only noticed it up there since 10 this morning. It's starting to snow quicker now so I feel pretty bad for it, even if it is a stray.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Who owns the property? Do you have permission to access the property if someone was able to rescue it?
NatashaLynne

Post by NatashaLynne »

This is my cat!!! Been searching all day!!
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Hey Kayshin,
I was just talking to the probable owners who don't know how to PM so could you please PM me exact location of their cat and I will get ahold of them again.They ran down to that address you posted but its dark so they probably can't see.Have no idea how they will get him down though.Poor kitty.
Kayshin

Post by Kayshin »

TreeGuy wrote:Who owns the property? Do you have permission to access the property if someone was able to rescue it?

I'm not too sure who owns the property, I could ask the people living there, I think they all rent. I think the kitty may be accessible from where we are, well it might be a tight squeeze from our side. After I hear back from Lore/possible owners I can go ask who owns the building.

Lore, I've PM'd you my home number. Please have them call me.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Kayshin wrote:
I'm not too sure who owns the property, I could ask the people living there, I think they all rent. I think the kitty may be accessible from where we are, well it might be a tight squeeze from our side. After I hear back from Lore/possible owners I can go ask who owns the building.

Lore, I've PM'd you my home number. Please have them call me.

I tried to call your # and it does not accept calls from unlisted #'s which is what I have.
I phoned the woman back and she says it is her cat.
I will PM you her name and #.
I think she wants to climb the tree.
NatashaLynne

Post by NatashaLynne »

Thank you so much! Climbed the tree and rescued my beloved kitty. He's home safe now eating yummy food. I've been searching all day for him. Thank you everyone for your attention and contact. I've been searching and worried all day.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

I love happy endings!
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Kayshin

Post by Kayshin »

So happy you got your kitty back! I would be frantic if it was my kitties.

When I went outside and couldn't see him there I was like OH NO it got down before I could contact you!

So glad for happy endings.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kayshin wrote:There's been a kitty stuck in a tree for quite some time now.

If it got up there isn't it a good chance it would eventually come down? With a can of tuna at the base of the tree? They can be up in a tree for a few days before coming down (so I've heard).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “The Pet Lounge”