Bike Riding with your Dog

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Bike Riding with your Dog

Post by Fancy »

I hate to see some people running their dog alongside their bike because dogs can overheat and still keep going never mind that some run their dogs on hot pavement.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Fancy wrote:I hate to see some people running their dog alongside their bike because dogs can overheat and still keep going never mind that some run their dogs on hot pavement.

But that's like saying you hate to see people walk their dogs in the heat. One assumes that the owner takes such things into consideration. I used to ride with Angus alongside, but always paid attention to the heat, the pavement, etc.. People seeing me might not have noticed that the dog ran alongside on the grass, not the road, and they would not have had any way of knowing that we just went around a city block (four blocks, and large but doable).
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jo wrote:But that's like saying you hate to see people walk their dogs in the heat. One assumes that the owner takes such things into consideration.
That's why I said "some". Dogs need to have their pads protected from hot pavement - they can get burnt too.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CrazyKid

Post by CrazyKid »

I have not gotten the device as of yet, but I will post to give an update when I do. However, like I said in my posts, I know when a dog is over heated and tired. I would never ever do that to my dog. As well, this is around my neighbourhood with quiet streets and I would never let any harm come to my dog. I would bring sufficient water, even if I was to go 1 block. I want the device because I want him to be safe.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

This afternoon in the heat of the day I saw a lady running her Saint Bernard down Gellatly Rd (Glen Canyon side). I have to ask, "What were you thinking?"
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Oh man, that poor dog!
Benzi

Post by Benzi »

removed. the thread is about biking with your dog.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Oct 18th, 2015, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
zeeeze

Post by zeeeze »

Bike riding doesn't seem like a good idea at all. Just worried if your dog really gets in the way of your bike, it will cause an accident which might not end well. Furthermore, you might regret having this idea if an accident happens.

Anyway, whatever you do, I hope you and your dog remains safe.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

zeeeze wrote:Bike riding doesn't seem like a good idea at all. Just worried if your dog really gets in the way of your bike, it will cause an accident which might not end well. Furthermore, you might regret having this idea if an accident happens.

Anyway, whatever you do, I hope you and your dog remains safe.

Did you not see the device he was asking about? It is made *specifically* to keep your dog from in front of your bike.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
Benzi

Post by Benzi »

I'm not sorry for saying this, but when I see someone riding a bike dragging the panting dog along side, I can't get over the urge to take that guy, strap him to my truck and have him run alongside for a couple miles! :smt045

Return to “The Pet Lounge”