Purina Animal Hall of Fame 2015

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Purina Animal Hall of Fame 2015

Post by oneh2obabe »

Badger, a loyal 11-year-old Lab-Rottweiler mix, was abandoned in the woods as a puppy and rescued by his now forever-grateful owner, Derik Hodgson, over 10 years ago. Derik, a 71-year-old retiree, is a passionate photographer, outdoor enthusiast and life-long animal lover. Living alone in a remote cabin in Elgin, Ontario, Derik quickly grew to rely on Badger as soon as he brought him home – first as a trusted companion, and then as a faithful best friend. Little did he know that Badger would also eventually become his life-saving hero.

On July 10, 2014, Rob Sheardown adopted an Anatolian Shepherd from the Windsor/Essex Humane Society. Her name was Bella and it quickly became apparent that she was an extremely obedient and well-trained dog. At the time, Rob thought he was simply coming home with a new companion for himself. He never imagined that rescuing Bella would in turn save the life of another person.

Sako is an energetic four-year-old King Shepherd who, as a puppy, joined a big family within the close-knit community of Kanaka Bar, British Columbia. Sako grew up surrounded by friends and family members, and as a result, developed a very strong, protective instinct over the years. It would be this instinct that would push Sako to go above and beyond to protect the life of a loved one on June 10, 2014 in his most desperate time of need.

Nettle, an intelligent, two-year-old Yellow Labrador with a truly keen sense of smell, joined the Bordman family in 2013. She provided Terry and Beata Bordman with a much needed extra set of hands – or rather, paws – to help care for their 12-year-old twin daughters Brooke and Jade who suffer from two life-threatening conditions: Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac disease.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Purina Animal Hall of Fame 2015

Post by GordonH »

Pet owners (this means both dog/s & cat/s) if you really love & care for your furry friends.
If the food you are feeding them is made by purina or mars, just read the label. Go find better food
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Every pet owner, whether it be cat, dog, hedgehog, lizard, fish, snake, bird or whatever, should read the label of any food they intend feeding their pet(s). Just because these animals were inducted into the Purina Hall of Fame doesn't mean their owners feed them that specific brand.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

whitecandle wrote:Every pet owner, whether it be cat, dog, hedgehog, lizard, fish, snake, bird or whatever, should read the label of any food they intend feeding their pet(s). Just because these animals were inducted into the Purina Hall of Fame doesn't mean their owners feed them that specific brand.

I pick this thread after seeing one of the crap grocery brands I mentioned in a number of tv commercials.
Instead creating another thread on the board
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”