Neighborhood bully cat problem

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
NatashaLynne

Neighborhood bully cat problem

Post by NatashaLynne »

Both my cats are fixed and allowed outside. They never go far and like to hang out close by. They have made friends with our neighbors cats and we all know each others cats. A new neighbor moved in with an unneutered male cat that is aggressive and beats up on all the cats. It comes onto our property to pick fights with my cats. The bully cat has gone as far as to *bleep* on my next door neighbor's pomeranian(who is best friends with my little cat). The owners refuse to let him inside because he sprays their house but also refuse to neuter him. I've had to chase this cat away from my cats and the neighbors cats on numerous occasions. Bully cat has already injured one of my cats ears. Are there any regulations or courses of action I can take to protect our neighborhood cat community from bully cat? Even ways to deter this cat from coming over to my home. We had such a great cat community before bully cat. Any advice?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Neighborhood bully cat problem

Post by Fancy »

Not in the Okanagan. A well kept cat is an indoor cat or it ends up being fodder for cars and coyotes.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Get a live animal trap and then take it to the SPCA.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Water hose a few times....he won't come around anymore and doesn't hurt the cat. :up:
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Fill a water pistol with fish sauce (in the Asian food aisle) and give kitty some perfume to take home to his loving owners.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kgcayenne wrote:Fill a water pistol with fish sauce (in the Asian food aisle) and give kitty some perfume to take home to his loving owners.

Add a bit of food colouring for extra zing.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

kgcayenne wrote:Fill a water pistol with fish sauce (in the Asian food aisle) and give kitty some perfume to take home to his loving owners.

The op said the owners don't let the cat in the house so this probably won't work.
In fact , maybe the cat will like the taste of the fish sauce and keep coming back even more.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

the hose solution makes sense

works really well for magpies also :)
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Then you will end up with a cat covered in a bunch of other cats.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
looking4one
Übergod

Post by looking4one »

There is a thing you can buy. It's called a "Scarecrow". You hook it up to a garden hose, put in a 9V battery and stick it in the garden. Anything that walks in front of it will get sprayed. It works great, that is how I trained the neighbour's dogs. http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/index ... +Sprinkler at Home Hardware.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

If you want to keep your cats from being tormented by other cats, keep them inside.
Otherwise you have nothing to complain about.
After all, cats are cats...right?
Cats do what cats do, right?

Your cats don't go far?
Ever strap a GoPro on your cat?
No?
Then you haven't got a clue where they go or how far.

When your precious kitties get eaten by a larger cat or coyote, are you going to blame bully wildlife?

Cattery. Think Cattery.
Your neighbors that hate cat pee in their gardens or on their belongings will love you for it.
Your neighbors that hate finding cat turds in their strawberry patch will love you for it.
Your neighbors that hate scooping up flat cats from the roadways will love you for it.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”