"Pet" peeve

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
puttrench

"Pet" peeve

Post by puttrench »

I'm getting really annoyed at dog owners who think they're doing a good thing by picking up their dog's poop in a plastic bag but then, leave the bag at the side of the path! What exactly do they think is going to happen to that bag of poop? It's going to magically disappear? PLEASE! take it to your garbage can! There is will magically disappear when the garbage man picks it up.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: "Pet" peeve

Post by gman313 »

puttrench wrote:I'm getting really annoyed at dog owners who think they're doing a good thing by picking up their dog's poop in a plastic bag but then, leave the bag at the side of the path! What exactly do they think is going to happen to that bag of poop? It's going to magically disappear? PLEASE! take it to your garbage can! There is will magically disappear when the garbage man picks it up.

i'll second that
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

People do that? What a fail.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Happens all the time. The least enjoyable part is done, i don't get it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I give dog owners full credit for picking up after their pets (many dog owners don't bother picking up after their pets), on delivery of poop bag to garbage can huge fail.

2 steps:
Step 1 pickup after your dog
Step 2 disposal of baggie with the poop

How hard is this to do??
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

We will leave the bag of poop if the garbage isn't near by BUT only if we are coming back...we will also pick up other baggies and even other poop that wasn't pick up.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

I caught someone doing it and asked what he was thinking...

He said there are no garbages on his route, so he bags it to at least prevent people from stepping in it.

I asked why he doesn't take it home with him and put it in his OWN garbage if there are no cans on his walk and he said "because we walk for over half an hour, usually to an hour. I'm not carrying *bleep* for an hour."
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

fvkasm2x wrote:I caught someone doing it and asked what he was thinking...

He said there are no garbages on his route, so he bags it to at least prevent people from stepping in it.

I asked why he doesn't take it home with him and put it in his OWN garbage if there are no cans on his walk and he said "because we walk for over half an hour, usually to an hour. I'm not carrying *bleep* for an hour."

Bag a bunch of dog crap, follow this :cuss: home, and leave a bunch of dog crap on his property.
OgopogoO
Board Meister

Post by OgopogoO »

I'd also like to shame dog owners who let their pooches poop into the snow without picking anything up. Just because the poop "disappeared" into the white fluffy stuff doesn't mean it's gone. Come spring all that ka-ka will be there on the sidewalk festering. :-X
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

People who have an aversion to dealing with poop have no freaking business having a pet of any kind---least of all a dog. Some dogs produce a heckuvalot of poop.

"So, what made you decide to get a dog?"

"I needed to get out for walks more."

"I see. Poop, lots of poop is what it takes to motivate you."
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The dog crap is minimal compared to the horse crap I saw on a paved road today, it was unbelievable.
Years ago I was driving a float in a parade and there were piles big enough to do a little burnout with the float.
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here's another peeve of mine with pet owner:
Spending all kinds of money on unnecessary costumes & crap, then turning around and buying worst crap pet food/grocery brands pet food. Spend a lot less on unnecessary items & buy much better quality pet food.
If you actually give a damn about your dog or cat, then do a little homework & find good quality food for them.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pduff
Fledgling

Post by pduff »

GordonH wrote:Here's another peeve of mine with pet owner:
Spending all kinds of money on unnecessary costumes & crap, then turning around and buying worst crap pet food/grocery brands pet food. Spend a lot less on unnecessary items & buy much better quality pet food.
If you actually give a damn about your dog or cat, then do a little homework & find good quality food for them.

Hear hear!
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Everyone can see it but only you know the warm feeling it brings.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”