Canine Greed

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
BHV

Canine Greed

Post by BHV »

Is it just me or are the people putting pups up for adoption INSANE.

And I don't mean the purebred dog lovers, those people are already insane. Wanting to inbreed dogs until some mutation is desirable but in the same instance creating 160 other genetic diseases. Other diseases that can create a short and often painful life. That is warped.

No, I am talking about the mix breed/mutts. Just take a look on classified sites, it is literally berserk. $1000 - $1500 for a "mix breed" as they like to advertise it. A schneagle or Bull-boston? REALLY? Ok ok, maybe reducing the number of genetic issues and creating mixed personality traits for certain lifestyles help the canine lovers to find the best match, but $1000+ !?!?!?!?! INSANE.

Then take a look at the true mutts. A mix of 3,4,8 "breeds" at $600-$1000 or more?! SUPER INSANE! And not just puppies, but also adult dogs that are being re-homed due to unforeseen circumstances. I think it's good to charge a reasonable cost to ensure the new family really wants and understands the financial responsibility, or perhaps to support a rescue society that is helping our community. But what I see is not reasonable or rational. It leaves the great wonder of bringing a pup into a family, only for the "well-off". It's outright GREED.
Attachments
00E0E_4fb8fdvrlMN_1200x900.jpg
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Canine Greed

Post by Bunnyhop »

I agree its crazy how much people are paying for mixed breed dogs. If they wouldn't pay it, the backyard greeders would stop breeding.

I know a few people who breed purebred dogs and they spend way more on health testing, vet care and titling their dogs than they ever make on selling puppies. Not everyone selling single breed dogs are selling quality dogs though. (They aren't purebred unless they are CKC registered.)
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

don't like don't buy

they obviously get the money from some sucker
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

In search of another little fellow. My little Yorkie / Bichon Frise went to the Rainbow Bridge. He was a great fellow, more Yorkie in appearance and nature. Would love to find another, I do not care for pure breed as I've been there.

My last two lived great lives, 19 yrs and Joey the last about 15 years. If someone has info of a puppy for me, let me know, best case is a Yorkie who was accidentally put, before her first year by a small breed.

Thanks!
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Ken7 wrote:In search of another little fellow. My little Yorkie / Bichon Frise went to the Rainbow Bridge. He was a great fellow, more Yorkie in appearance and nature. Would love to find another, I do not care for pure breed as I've been there.

My last two lived great lives, 19 yrs and Joey the last about 15 years. If someone has info of a puppy for me, let me know, best case is a Yorkie who was accidentally put, before her first year by a small breed.

Thanks!

So sorry for your loss, Ken7. I hope you find a new companion pup soon.

Have you contacted Okanagan Small Dog Rescue? They may be able to help you find a little pup. Let me know if you need help connecting with them.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”