West Kelowna - Doggy Do Infractions

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

West Kelowna - Doggy Do Infractions

Post by Treblehook »

It almost defies imagination! There are more than a few dog walkers, who use the walking paths along the lake shore, and who don't feel it necessary to clean up behind their pets. To do this is nothing short of ignorant. One has to watch constantly for fear of stepping in dog crap... and that should not be the case. Come on folks... it's time to have a little respect for these public spaces and to be considerate of others who use these paths.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: West Kelowna - Doggy Do Infractions

Post by RVThereYet »

Treblehook wrote:It almost defies imagination! There are more than a few dog walkers, who use the walking paths along the lake shore, and who don't feel it necessary to clean up behind their pets. To do this is nothing short of ignorant. One has to watch constantly for fear of stepping in dog crap... and that should not be the case. Come on folks... it's time to have a little respect for these public spaces and to be considerate of others who use these paths.

that's not just a problem in West K... come out to Lake Country and take a walk, absolutory disgusting, especially this time of year ... walking home from school, our kids regularly encounter dog crap mines even on the side walks where the snow has now melted. and as we all know, kids will be kids and like to climb around on the snow banks where many more are lurking - :cuss: GROSS! Irresponsible Dog owners disgust me, they should be made to, well, never mind ... just the thought of that is making me gag. :cuss: *bleep*!
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Maybe some of those people need to be trained the same way we train the dogs!!! I don't know what some of them are thinking. Why would anyone think it is okay and appropriate to take their dog to the local sports field for a walk and to relieve itself. The kids play there for crying out loud.
Last edited by Treblehook on Mar 13th, 2017, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What really boggles my mind (mentioned on an older thread) - why do people pick up and then toss the bag when there's a garbage can nearby?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Fancy wrote:What really boggles my mind (mentioned on an older thread) - why do people pick up and then toss the bag when there's a garbage can nearby?

There is only one explanation for that. They are just plain ignorant.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Very large amount of dog owners (not all), I find to be extremely lazy when comes to picking up after their pet/pets. It happens everywhere

To those I say, you are not the only person walking on that sidewalk or city parks. These places are not your personal barnyard.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

I also find the poop situation in Lake Country disgusting. The trail along the lake front is a bit better at the moment, only because some of the locals have had to go and pick-up after all the irresponsible jerks who didn't over the winter. I even noticed that some idiot let their dog crap right below the poop bag dispenser, next to the trash can by the boat launch...and didn't pick it up. How lazy can you be?

Of course now that the snow is melting, the road sides are lined with crap. The trails in Seaton Park are a mess. I'm a dog owner. I pick up after my beast. It's the right thing to do. Nobody wants to see or step in poop when they're out walking. I don't want to be banned from the few parks and trails in the area, just because of the of irresponsible pet owners who don't clean up after their animals.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Fancy wrote:What really boggles my mind (mentioned on an older thread) - why do people pick up and then toss the bag when there's a garbage can nearby?

For most, the logic is that they will pick it up again on their way back. I've missed my bag a couple times (especially if i set it off the path and out of the way), but i always retrace my steps to get it. Once I couldn't find it at all, so i grabbed another bag someone else had left. Just didnt feel right not picking up a bag after I knew I had left one.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”