Basket muzzle

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Jflem1983
Guru

Basket muzzle

Post by Jflem1983 »

I want a good muzzle . My German Shepherd has turned mean. Looked at several stores. Can only find cloth muzzles or plastic. She rips up both in a few seconds. Cost is no issue . Looking for a good steel and leather muzzle
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Basket muzzle

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Wow fancy good links . Thank u
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I would also get some help for your dog before it hurts someone. Some obedience classes maybe?
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

She's a sweetheart . She's been through obedience . It's just to other dogs . She keeps beating up my hound .

Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

A muzzle isn't meant as a long term solution.

If you can't keep your hound safe from getting beat up by your dog aggressive dog, please consider rehoming the hound.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Need the muzzle to safely deescalate the situation . My oh my . No I'm not giving away my prized hound

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Gonna take the Shepherd to either doggzies or Ruth for some one on one classes . Still need the muzzle but fancy provided good links . Thanks for all your concern

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Ruth has proved for me the quality of her dogs and the works she does. Good luck.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Jflem1983 wrote:Need the muzzle to safely deescalate the situation . My oh my . No I'm not giving away my prized hound

Ya, I wasn't trying to be mean. Just thinking that if the hound keeps getting beat up on it might start getting aggressive too. Dogs sometimes think that the best defense is a good offense, ya know?

I've had good luck with a Baskerville muzzle, the dog can eat, drink, and pant freely.

I've heard good things about both the trainers you mentioned. Good luck.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Been walking them together on occasion . Tonight is first night they are back together . It's still pretty sketchy . Never did buy that fancy muzzle or go to Ruth. However we are making good progress . Hopefully I don't get bit again . Almost lost my left pinky to my hound a while back

Return to “The Pet Lounge”