Animal Cruelty Must stop

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Animal Cruelty Must stop

Post by Fancy »

Being a hunter, one doesn't need to be cruel to eat meat. The point of the billboard is to promote a different eating style by eliminating meat from a diet. Won't be happening in my family or to anyone I know.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Not PC

Post by Not PC »

Dear vegans;

My food craps on your food.

Yours sincerely,

PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

alanjh595 wrote:
I have raised, pigs, cattle, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, and some of them even had names like; Porkchop and Hamton (were the pigs).

I raised, fed, killed and butchered and ate ALL of them, (I have photos, if you really want to see them).

Do you think that a billboard could bother me one little bit or prevent me from doing it again next year?

These billboards and "shock" only affect those with weak stomachs, which are usually pre-teen girls that have yet to experience their first menstruation or childbirth.

I have a stronger stomach to kill and gut a pig, than I have for changinging a baby's dirty diaper, just after a change of diet.

Yes, I have done THAT too.
In contrast, I have been to China twice, and I have watched a dog being killed and "bleed-out" into a bucket on the floor in a restaurant named "Pet Heaven".

Get over it. Everyone is different and the wholly-than-thou vegans have absolutely NO right to preach their beliefs to the rest of the world and what they eat.

Not sure how your response has anything to do with my post that you quoted, but okay....
we currently raise our own meat. And hunt. So I'm not sure what I need to get over. What we don't do is buy that garbage they sell at the grocery store.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It doesn't sound like he's seen the actual billboard. There's nothing shocking on it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

Over consumption (the current typical North American diet) and veganism are opposite arcs of the same pendulum. Somewhere in the middle is a sustainable eating model that people can live with and won't cause the enormous environmental damage that current factory farming practices do. Zealotry and extremism rarely makes for a practical working model.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

ShannonG wrote:Not sure how your response has anything to do with my post that you quoted, but okay....
we currently raise our own meat. And hunt. So I'm not sure what I need to get over. What we don't do is buy that garbage they sell at the grocery store.

OKAY, that's great, you are not a vegan advocate. Your choice of meat is the same as mine, raised at home, killed at home, butchered at home, and consumed. I applaud your choice of lifestyle and agree with your choices.
The problem comes from those that are opposed to OUR choice of food sources, (Vegans) and the manner that they want to promote their lifestyle choices to others.
We, (you and I) don't take out billboards to promote our personal choices of our food sources. Why do "they" feel that they are better than us for OUR choices of sustenance?
When you get right down to the nitty gritty of it, why do so many restaurants make their vegan meals taste like meat with only veggie products? What does that tell you about the HUMAN pallet and their desire for meat? Vegans are just a bunch of hypocrites.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

All this talk about meat is making me hungry! :D
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Vegans are free to promote their way of life, as long as they're within the law in doing so. They can hire a billboard, but they can't spray paint their message on your car.

The Alberta Beef Producers have a website, and no doubt spend quite a bit to promote their product. They're free to do that as well. If they too had a billboard (and maybe they do, somewhere) I wouldn't be bothered by it.

I'm never going to buy a pickup, but I don't shake my fist at every Dodge Ram commercial I see. Or that Chevrolet one where they kidnap people and make them look at trucks.
Last edited by JayByrd on Dec 29th, 2017, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

alanjh595 wrote:
ShannonG wrote:Not sure how your response has anything to do with my post that you quoted, but okay....

OKAY, that's great, you are not a vegan advocate. Your choice of meat is the same as mine, raised at home, killed at home, butchered at home, and consumed. I applaud your choice of lifestyle and agree with your choices.
The problem comes from those that are opposed to OUR choice of food sources, (Vegans) and the manner that they want to promote their lifestyle choices to others.
We, (you and I) don't take out billboards to promote our personal choices of our food sources. Why do "they" feel that they are better than us for OUR choices of sustenance?
When you get right down to the nitty gritty of it, why do so many restaurants make their vegan meals taste like meat with only veggie products? What does that tell you about the HUMAN pallet and their desire for meat? Vegans are just a bunch of hypocrites.

OK now I see your point. I guess we don't have to promote our lifestyle because it's the norm. We are in the majority.
There is definitely hypocrisy at play here. I won't get into specifics as I don't want to appear slanderous.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Vegans are free to promote their choice of lifestyle but putting down others for exercising their freedom of choice is going too far. Just like the Pro-lifers do.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

alanjh595 wrote:Vegans are free to promote their choice of lifestyle but putting down others for exercising their freedom of choice is going too far. Just like the Pro-lifers do.

No one uses actual facts or science or logic to prove their points these days. It's all emotion, personal attacks and shouting down the person who thinks differently than you.
The problem is that people will believe ANYTHING they read on the internet. No, cauliflower is not a protein source. Never has been.
jvdlee

Post by jvdlee »

Or.
Attachments
come-on-in-for-a-good-ol-triggering-photos-20.jpg
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Grandan wrote:
I would like to think if you had to kill your own pigs,chickens and other meats before you ate them you may think differently.
When meat is sold in sanitized packets it is hard to relate to it's origin.

It is a known fact that in ancient times some people were so starved for nourishment that they drank the blood of their livestock to stay alive.

It is a known fact that people who live near the sea and eat fish have better teeth than others.

Eat what you want but be aware that what is in some meats may kill you.

Eating organic beef raised on the range does not prevent heart desease despite it's lack of antibiotics and growth horemones.

Nedroj wrote:Actually I have, what is your point? I was raised on a large farm up north in FSJ. We would regularly slaughter the animals we raised and hunted/fished as well as drink milk basically straight from the cow with the cream scrapped off. I learned at a very young age where our food comes from so before you go saying complete BS just remember you live in CANADA where hunting and fishing is VERY normal. In fact I've shot, gutted and carved many animals for my consumption. Pigs, cows, sheep, deer, moose, elk, bear, grouse, duck and chickens. Never tried cougar before though, maybe that'll be the next I hunt, kill and eat. The hunter that shot that cougar in alberta made some tasty looking stir fry with it. You've never tried pepperoni till you've try deer pepperoni!

My point is that many people will happily eat packaged meat products but would not pull the trigger themselves.
I accept that if you are raised on a farm the killing and butchering is normalized.
If everyone hunted for their meat in Canada there would not be much game left by now.
Waste not
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bumped
Some so called humans are absolutely sickening.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/27 ... n-Manitoba
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”