This is not a 9 to 5 job re: Vernon SAR

humangps2010

This is not a 9 to 5 job re: Vernon SAR

Post by humangps2010 »

Your comment Leigh hit a sore spot for me; "those that want to be heroes don't last long,they quit." Sorry, that is the furthest from the truth in my case, and in others I know that "resigned"!

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/216773 ... 9-to-5-job
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: This is not a 9 to 5 job re: Vernon SAR

Post by Gixxer »

Care to explain why its a sore spot and why some have resigned?
humangps2010

Post by humangps2010 »

Gixxer wrote:Care to explain why its a sore spot and why some have resigned?

As i indicated, it is not why i resigned.. Egos and politics being the main reasons.A little more in my case but i won't get into specifics.But I do believe the provincial body should be surveying those that do resign.Perhaps a better way to have worded the "quitting" comment would have been to say that "some quit or drop out" and not make it seem like all that quit
"want to be heroes."
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Ah gotcha. Although I knew some of the members in the past and they did have the "Im a hero" attitude about them.
Last edited by Gixxer on Jan 20th, 2018, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Gixxer wrote:Ah gotcha. Although I knew some of the members in the past and they did have the "Im a hero" complex to them.

Or sometimes the hero complex is developed through the experience.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Search and Rescue isn't a job. They are volunteers.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Search and Rescue isn't a job. They are volunteers.

agreed I think the fact that pearson whom is the so called head of Vernon sars is a prima donna
and runs things his own way almost like he thinks he owns the whole deal there are others there like pete
that are out and out nutballs in their own right. I think lots of people join with this group are
unable to cope with these certain people and find its not what its supposed to be like
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

dontrump how the heck do you know anything about what SAR has to go through? Bashing first responders who put their lives on the line FOR FREE is sickening. Its not a club its serious business and to come on a forum bashing the good people that work hard to save real lives in our community by placing themselves often in harms way shows the true character of the poster.

Ask the countless families that thank their local SAR organizations for having their loved ones home.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Chyren wrote:dontrump how the heck do you know anything about what SAR has to go through? Bashing first responders who put their lives on the line FOR FREE is sickening. Its not a club its serious business and to come on a forum bashing the good people that work hard to save real lives in our community by placing themselves often in harms way shows the true character of the poster.

Ask the countless families that thank their local SAR organizations for having their loved ones home.

LOL obviously you completely missed the point of my post I never said a thing against SAR or the good work it does
just my opinion as the poster was asking why people start with Vernon sar and quit fairly soon after is that pearson can be a little hitler because of the years hes worked there and pete well hes a little on the weird side for my liking
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

dontrump wrote:LOL obviously you completely missed the point of my post I never said a thing against SAR or the good work it does
just my opinion as the poster was asking why people start with Vernon sar and quit fairly soon after is that pearson can be a little hitler because of the years hes worked there and pete well hes a little on the weird side for my liking

I know Pete fairly well. He is far from being little on the weird. One of the nicest and most knowledgeable people around.

People that throw out the Hitler card are a little too weird for my liking.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Rider59 wrote:
dontrump wrote:LOL obviously you completely missed the point of my post I never said a thing against SAR or the good work it does

I know Pete fairly well. He is far from being little on the weird. One of the nicest and most knowledgeable people around.

People that throw out the Hitler card are a little too weird for my liking.

hes weird and should have been born in 1851 not 1951 LOL never said he was not nice just plays to a different drum than most his brothers worse ;; regarding hitler comment it was in reference to how everything has to be his way even though its a vounteer system and all that crapola
BCGrrrrl

Post by BCGrrrrl »

When a life or lives are on the line someone has to make decisions. That's when experience and know how tip the scales for me. Sorry, sometimes a new recruit might not quite get it, that's what training is all about. Thanks to Vernon Search and Rescue a lot of folks have loved ones sitting at the dinner table. Kudos to all of the members!

Return to “North Okanagan”