Why does Vernon suck? Who is interested in making it better?

Martin_Herrigan
Fledgling

Re: Why does Vernon suck? Who is interested in making it bet

Post by Martin_Herrigan »

For some people, it matters not where they live. Really, it only matters how you live.
A socially responsible business, does not employ poverty for profits.
ole smelly
Fledgling

Post by ole smelly »

3 Quick fixes get rid of sun fm and kiss fm and their crappy muzak and djs.

Get rid of that useless MLA what a complete waste that clown is.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

ole smelly wrote:3 Quick fixes get rid of sun fm and kiss fm and their crappy muzak and djs.

Get rid of that useless MLA what a complete waste that clown is.

Well, I do agree with you on all counts, but still am a Vernon fan.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Oh god... Vernon radio is AWFUL!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

:dyinglaughing:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

ole smelly wrote:3 Quick fixes get rid of sun fm and kiss fm and their crappy muzak and djs.

Actually, they just need to maybe stop pressing the "repeat" button on their stereo so we don't have to listen to the same six songs over and over and over and over again ... time to bring back Patrick Nicol with his TalkBalk program so we can all win a Cross pen :dyinglaughing:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Martin_Herrigan
Fledgling

Post by Martin_Herrigan »

Vernon is a great place to live. Most of the people I have encountered are 'good people', very few are 'jerks'. If you think Vernon needs to be improved, then be part of the solution... Or, move on.
A socially responsible business, does not employ poverty for profits.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have been in Vernon since 1999 and find it a great place. I have lived in the north. I have lived in 5 provinces, numerous cities and towns, on the farm and never found a bad place. Some better than others, but never a bad one. Anywhere you live will be what you make of it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
tiaco123

Post by tiaco123 »

Vernon sucks due to many things! No work for the people who live here, never seen so many unemployed, cannot survive here. Prices are high, living is high, and the people for the most part could care if you lived or died. You get the finger, honked at or practically pushed off the road by others. Sorry but one person, or many persons could not change the issues that Vernon has! Many people go out of town to do their shopping. It may be pretty but it has nothing to offer. As for feeling safe, not at all.
tiaco123

Post by tiaco123 »

The attitude is move on if you don't like it, and that would be coming from those who cannot admit that there are bad issues in this province, or those that have lived here forever!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

tiaco123 wrote: No work for the people who live here, never seen so many unemployed, cannot survive here.

This is actually the only reason I'm staying in Vernon, and the reason I moved back here. I have a good paying, secure job that I enjoy ... as does most of my family and many of my friends.

Other than that, this town sucks big time :spinball:

- Road layout is a joke.
- Village Green Mall (oops, I mean Village Green Center) is a joke.
- Drivers are clueless in regards to the rules of the road.
- Pedestrians are clueless in regards to the rules of the road.
- Despite being surrounded by 3 lakes, the public has limited access to the waterfront. Vernon could have been such a beautiful town had they made a beach spanning the width of the north end of Kal or Okanagan lakes with downtown extending onwards from there which would have elimanted a need for a bypass since it would already be there.
- Lack of vision by almost every council that holds office.
- Transit system that is 30 years outdated, such as having to take the bus from Walmart, all the way downtown and transfer to get back to the mall ... so what should have taken 10 minutes now takes 30 minutes (if the first bus is on time otherwise it takes an hour). Service only until 6:30pm, next to no service on Sunday's and no services at all on Stats.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Dizzy1 wrote: Transit system that is 30 years outdated, such as having to take the bus from Walmart, all the way downtown and transfer to get back to the mall ... so what should have taken 10 minutes now takes 30 minutes (if the first bus is on time otherwise it takes an hour). Service only until 6:30pm, next to no service on Sunday's and no services at all on Stats.

I must be misreading this. Why would anyone catch a bus to get from Walmart to the Village Green Mall when its only a short walk. Or have I misunderstood?
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Merry wrote:
Dizzy1 wrote: Transit system that is 30 years outdated, such as having to take the bus from Walmart, all the way downtown and transfer to get back to the mall ... so what should have taken 10 minutes now takes 30 minutes (if the first bus is on time otherwise it takes an hour). Service only until 6:30pm, next to no service on Sunday's and no services at all on Stats.

I must be misreading this. Why would anyone catch a bus to get from Walmart to the Village Green Mall when its only a short walk. Or have I misunderstood?

I wouldnt dare make my way across 4 lanes, a very busy intersection, train tracks and I am still young and nimble. Not to mention the peeps willing to kill for a double double. What about the elders? Those without drivers licenses..
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Merry wrote:I must be misreading this. Why would anyone catch a bus to get from Walmart to the Village Green Mall when its only a short walk. Or have I misunderstood?

The elderly, disabled or people with other mobility concerns.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Rumour has it the vantage one out on 25th ave was just robbed. Getting rid of the ridiculous amount of scum in vernon would be a good start!!!#@!

Return to “North Okanagan”