Why does Vernon suck? Who is interested in making it better?

toughnut
Board Meister

Re: Why does Vernon suck? Who is interested in making it bet

Post by toughnut »

Vernon is the greatest city on this earth.People whom think it,s not are free to leave anytime they want to.Yes we have some crime here.Show me a city or town that compare,s that does not.I have lived here most of my life.I have no want to move anywhere else in the world.I admit I winter in southeren US.If there was a second warm winter country that i could easly drive to besides the USA I would as I think the place stinks but I like vernon much better overall.You cant beat the spring and summers in vernon.There is so much for a person to do and be involved in in Vernon its a fantastic city
tiaco123

Post by tiaco123 »

It may be beautiful here to you, but obviously not enough to make you stay for the winter, lol. Why go away for the winter, the winters are supposed to be so mild here???? Obviously you are not in the work force and struggling in this valley, so until you are, you may think it great, but no FT work is not fun to try survive even in the warmest of climates.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

Love it. Let's go past a couple of nice lakes, over the hill, into a pneumonia hole and build a city.

We'll take the highway, 4 lane it with no turning lanes/lights and a dozen lights on the way through town so everybody can check out Kentucky Fried Chicken and 7 eleven as they drive through.

Rutland's already taken so we'll name it Vernon.
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

tiaco123 wrote:It may be beautiful here to you, but obviously not enough to make you stay for the winter, lol. Why go away for the winter, the winters are supposed to be so mild here???? Obviously you are not in the work force and struggling in this valley, so until you are, you may think it great, but no FT work is not fun to try survive even in the warmest of climates.

winter are great in Vernon.One of the best cross country and downhill facilitys in the world here,some of the best snowmobiling available,great curling etc.Yes there are some in the work force struggling but that the way life is for some people,Vernon is no exception but then go and look at the 1000,s of new and newer homes in vernon area.Who buys those? People with good full time jobs thats who.Vernon is great and it is what u want to make of it.No better place as far as Iam concerned
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

*try reposting without the personal attack/Jo*
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
okanaganchoppers

Post by okanaganchoppers »

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

*try reposting on topic and without the personal attack/Jo*
Calling yourself a libertarian today is a lot like wearing a mullet back in the nineteen eighties.
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint, but when I ask why the poor are hungry, they call me a communist. Bishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

*try reposting on topic and without the personal attack/Jo*
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Fritzthecat and toughnut, stop the mutual hissy-fit.
toughnut
Board Meister

Post by toughnut »

OK Jo sorry
TN
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

nickroth wrote:Love it. Let's go past a couple of nice lakes, over the hill, into a pneumonia hole and build a city.

We'll take the highway, 4 lane it with no turning lanes/lights and a dozen lights on the way through town so everybody can check out Kentucky Fried Chicken and 7 eleven as they drive through.

Rutland's already taken so we'll name it Vernon.

:coffeecanuck:
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Vernon doesn't "suck". Whatever "suck" means. By the way, when people use the word "suck" to describe something, do they mean as in body parts??? It's just rude. If you're going to use this word in public, please tell us which body part you're referring to. Just for clarity.

But back to business...... Every city has some kind of challenges. If you want the shopping that Vancouver has, then go there. If you want zero traffic that slows you down, move to Lumby and become a Lumbonian. Middle sized communities like Vernon are great. I wish we had a few more things and could plan for the future better, but overall, it's pretty good.
Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Vernon needs a reality check: Junkies in the street, needles in the gutters, lack of employment, high prices, and buffoons in office which they keep re-electing. Look at the mess they've made of VJH. There have actually been a net loss of about 8 beds and they now have to serve the Enderby and Armstrong areas thanks to the closures of their hospitals back in 2004.
Jobs is another issue: If you think lack of decent paying, full time jobs does not contribute to the social rot in Vernon, you're nuts. When we lost industry here, we sat back and DID NOTHING be it the sawmills (raw log exports thanks BCLiberals!) the agriculture industry (thanks NAFTA!) or the glass plant and all the spin off jobs. We just keep electing the same people iover and over agin expecting things to get better.

WAKE UP VERNON!!!!!
ticat900
Board Meister

Post by ticat900 »

Fritzthecat
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Fritzthecat »

Why do you people have such a hard time accepting the fact the city you claim to love is in trouble?

Return to “North Okanagan”