PHA donates how much to Peachfest?

southy
Lord of the Board

PHA donates how much to Peachfest?

Post by southy »

So I picked up the Penticton Western yesterday and read the really nice January feel good story about the PHA donating money to Peachfest and how they will be donating to other events in the city. What struck me as odd is that no where in the story does it mention how much was donated. I thought there was going to be more transparency moving forward? Maybe it was just an oversight - or not!
twobits
Guru

Re: PHA donates how much to Peachfest?

Post by twobits »

southy wrote:So I picked up the Penticton Western yesterday and read the really nice January feel good story about the PHA donating money to Peachfest and how they will be donating to other events in the city. What struck me as odd is that no where in the story does it mention how much was donated. I thought there was going to be more transparency moving forward? Maybe it was just an oversight - or not!

And here I thought the funds were solely for marketing, not another grant giving fund between the inner circle network.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

Twobits, you are correct. That money is to be used for external marketing, not for events that are already here.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Now this is merely conjecture, but what if these clowns simply don't have a clue how to accomplish their mandated task and are simply trying to lighten their purse to avoid more criticism on having too much money in the bank?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

You may find the story interesting: http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/287988611.html

I would be interested in knowing how the PHA can insure that this money given out for marketing is actually used for marketing. I notice that Don Kendall says some of the money will be used for the float, etc. (not a bad thing - just wondering how that falls under marketing) grey area I know, would be nice to have some clarification. But then again, what business is it of ours right? The other thing is the City is pulling it in it's purse strings funding events with grant money . .... hummm .....nahh won't go there :)
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:You may find the story interesting: http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/287988611.html

I would be interested in knowing how the PHA can insure that this money given out for marketing is actually used for marketing. I notice that Don Kendall says some of the money will be used for the float, etc. (not a bad thing - just wondering how that falls under marketing) grey area I know, would be nice to have some clarification. But then again, what business is it of ours right? The other thing is the City is pulling it in it's purse strings funding events with grant money . .... hummm .....nahh won't go there :)

I'm not on top of the PHA and what all they do but if the city is funding them and the PHA is giving money to Peachfest, I'm not sure if this is the best way to spend tourist marketing dollars. I love Peachfest but if the Penticton taxpayer is helping to fund it, should it be free for others outside the city? (oh I know...another can of worms) but the same argument has been said re others outside the city using the Community Centre pool at the same rate as Penticton taxpayers. Its not an easy problem to solve.

Return to “North Okanagan”