Double Talk

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Double Talk

Post by fluffy »

the truth wrote:human history is loaded with human atrocities done to groups of people ,not just natives, 6million ecxected jews comes to mind.yes it was horrible what happened ,the past can not be changed-sad but true

True, what's done is done. Does that mean there is no debt owing ?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

should there be, how much does the world owe for the 6 million killed jews then, were does it start were does it end???
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

the truth wrote:your calling it a war, meanwhile lots on here say there never was a war, and or were never at war, which one is it ????

Seriously ? Fight , battle , war, does it really matter what word is used ?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

the truth wrote:should there be, how much does the world owe for the 6 million killed jews then, were does it start were does it end???

Good questions. After the smoke cleared the jews had their own country.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

fluffy wrote:Good questions. After the smoke cleared the jews had their own country.

And is that a game plan we see being played right here in BC?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

twobits wrote:
And is that a game plan we see being played right here in BC?

Why ?? BC First Nation, except those that have signed treaties, have yet to relinquish their land.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

twobits wrote:How is any of this discussion about the actual bones found on Haynes Point???

That's what I was thinking. Is there any forensic evidence that the bones were First Nations, or did the bones just disappear like Kenniwick Man did?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

great question, the truth is out there
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

fluffy wrote:Good questions. After the smoke cleared the jews had their own country.

twobits wrote:And is that a game plan we see being played right here in BC?

I don't know. Do you think we should be doing anything to acknowledge that we've been giving them the dry shaft for a couple of centuries ? Or just tell them to suck it up and turn white ? We don't seem to have much problem coming up with a truckload of resentment when they take a chunk of BC back.
mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

What a bunch of talking trash without doing any research whatsoever. Haynes point is an OIB burial site - confirmed: http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_release ... 000688.htm

Digging up graveyards is not okay.

The level of discourse on this thread is disheartening. No knowledge. No research. No desire to do anything but spout off self-serving misinformation.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

mrmagoo wrote:What a bunch of talking trash without doing any research whatsoever. Haynes point is an OIB burial site - confirmed: http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_release ... 000688.htm

The level of discourse on this thread is disheartening. No knowledge. No research. No desire to do anything but spout off self-serving misinformation.

Thanks for that link. I think that this all stems from an earlier suggestion that the bones were brought in from elsewhere with landfill. My thought, and comment at that time, was that it was just smack talk by some disgruntled locals.
Apparently it was. And since this is a confirmed burial site, instead of bytching about a simple name change on a sign, which by the way still has "Haynes Point" on it.....people should just be appreciative that the OIB is not putting a permanent barrier up.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

mrmagoo wrote:What a bunch of talking trash without doing any research whatsoever. Haynes point is an OIB burial site - confirmed: http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_release ... 000688.htm

This is from the link.

This will allow for a full archaeological inventory prior to winter, and for the Province and the OIB to work in partnership on decisions regarding how best to manage the park to protect important cultural heritage sites and values going forward.

I'm waiting for the "archaeological inventory" results.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Swoop »

...I'm no mod, and certainly not trying to be one, but want to point out, the designation of burial grounds being legitimate or not was not the intent of my original post...nor was any issue with the name change in itself - I have no issues with either...what I did take issue with, is the manner which Chief Louie spoke in general to critics, using the phrase "to suck it up", and the fact he was incensed to find out his words were being made for public record and taken in context...I think that as a community leader, a much higher standard of discourse would be expected, and question whether this is really how he feels towards most if not all dealings with those not of his heritage...had this been the other way around - shouts of racism would ring clear across the valley and blockades would have been in place before sunrise...
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

This is all much ado about nothing. "Suck it up".....big deal. I am sure all of us can relate to moments when frustrated or angry and said things that we'd like to take back in hindsight. Cut the man some slack. He's one of the best FN leaders we have.

mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

I agree the comment wasn't great.

I think Mr. Louie's community has made progress and he has had a role, although there are many many others behind the scenes doing the work. Leaders don't generally do the work although they do wear the success/failure.

Return to “North Okanagan”