Target lease bought

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Target lease bought

Post by bob vernon »

The leases on several vacant Target stores in western Canada have been purchased by Canadian Tire. The Vernon location was one of them. So it looks like the Vernon Canadian Tire will be moving into the Target store. It's a larger store. The renovations made by Target were very extensive and took the bigger part of a year to complete, so the space is like new. There will have to be some modifications or additions to accommodate the garage bays.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Target lease bought

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

bob vernon wrote:The leases on several vacant Target stores in western Canada have been purchased by Canadian Tire. The Vernon location was one of them. So it looks like the Vernon Canadian Tire will be moving into the Target store. It's a larger store. The renovations made by Target were very extensive and took the bigger part of a year to complete, so the space is like new. There will have to be some modifications or additions to accommodate the garage bays.

More info from Global at:
http://globalnews.ca/news/1982952/canadian-tire-to-buy-12-former-target-locations/

I wonder what they are going to do with the existing location?
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The current Crappy Tire location is too small. I wonder if they will move the entire operation over including the gas bar and garage?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:The current Crappy Tire location is too small. I wonder if they will move the entire operation over including the gas bar and garage?

Before Zellers took over (in VGM) it was a Kmart, if memory serves me they did have service area of course I can't remember how big it was.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

IIRC the old K-Mart had a service bay that could accommodate at least 4 vehicles. Modifications to include that should be relatively straightforward, although I'm not sure how CT would include the gas bar without seriously compromising parking space. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

now London drugs can can move into the ex CT buiding.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Give your heads a shake. We all know there's only one of two options. IKEA or Costco!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

don't be holding your breath on that one
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

MISSISSAUGA—Walmart is buying 13 of the former Target Canada stores plus a distribution centre in Cornwall, Ont.

Walmart Canada says it will spend about $165 million for the leases and properties and a further $185 million on renovations.

“Walmart is committed to the Canadian market, and this agreement helps us accelerate our growth plans ensuring more Canadians have access to our low prices,” said Dirk Van den Berghe, president and CEO of Walmart Canada.

“The 13 stores acquired are well situated, and we are excited to bring Walmart's successful Supercentre offer to customers in these markets.”The $350-million plan is subject to court approval, as part of Target’s exit from the Canadian market.

List of new BC stores:
Scottsdale Mall, Delta, B.C.
Coquitlam Centre, Coquitlam, B.C.
Surrey Place/Central City, Surrey, B.C.
Haney Place Mall, Maple Ridge, B.C.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/05 ... tores.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

When Zellers first shut down, our store never was filled with a Target. The place still stands empty in our local mall. So much space not being used.

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Costco has owned land in Vernon for years. Can't remember exactly where it is. By Rona or across from Superstore area, but I don't see them opening a store anytime soon. I wish IKEA would at least open a store in Kelowna. I think it would do very well. I don't see room for a gas bar either at the Mall location but who knows.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jasond_71 wrote:Costco has owned land in Vernon for years. Can't remember exactly where it is. By Rona or across from Superstore area, but I don't see them opening a store anytime soon. I wish IKEA would at least open a store in Kelowna. I think it would do very well. I don't see room for a gas bar either at the Mall location but who knows.

Since the smallest population market for Ikea in Canada is Winnipeg which has population of 730,000+, highly doubtful this valley will be getting one any time soon.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The Okanagan has about as much chance of getting an Ikea as they do a GM Plant building cars.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

So CT moves to VGM , LD moves to CT , then IKA opens in LD
sounds like a card game

Return to “North Okanagan”