Hydro up 2.2%

Debbi

Hydro up 2.2%

Post by Debbi »

Ok city counsellors and mayor of Penticton.
The next time you think of raising our hydro rates remember that you are not only hurting the residents of Penticton now, but also your very own children and grandchildren. Unless, you leave them very wealthy they will not be able to afford it either.
What about our seniors and people on disability.
Rates keep increasing, they will never go back down.
Just a little bit of thought next time you vote.

Debby
Have an Awesome Day
Debby
onestop67
Guru

Re: Hydro up 2.2%

Post by onestop67 »

Debbi wrote:Ok city counsellors and mayor of Penticton.
The next time you think of raising our hydro rates remember that you are not only hurting the residents of Penticton now, but also your very own children and grandchildren. Unless, you leave them very wealthy they will not be able to afford it either.
What about our seniors and people on disability.
Rates keep increasing, they will never go back down.
Just a little bit of thought next time you vote.

Debby

Do you realize that City of Penticton electric is purchased from Fortis? If Fortis raises rates, the City also does. Blaming the wrong people.

"Power is purchased from FortisBC at a wholesale rate and resold to utility customers at a retail rate. The revenue generated from electrical sales is used to cover the costs associated with running the utility and also provides an annual dividend to the City which is used to fund general capital projects."

http://www.penticton.ca/EN/main/departm ... rical.html
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 25th, 2015, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Unbelievable we have to put up with these clowns for 3+ more years.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Do you really think that electing a new mayor and council will reduce your electrical rates? I'd suggest that you start your campaign for council right now, promising to reduce electrical rates as your number one objective.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I am shocked and saddened that people who are allowed to vote think the mayor controls electrical rates.

/facepalm
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

OMG 2.2% those fat cats are out of control
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Here is the REST OF THE STORY for those who may have missed it ....

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/304647001.html
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

southy wrote:Here is the REST OF THE STORY for those who may have missed it ....

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/304647001.html

According to the news link supplied Fortis has another 4 years on their contract with the City of Penticton. I would accept the increase and kick them to the curb at the end of the contract. If, and I repeat if, the City sells the utility to Fortis there will be no more control of the rates.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Anonymous123 wrote:

According to the news link supplied Fortis has another 4 years on their contract with the City of Penticton. I would accept the increase and kick them to the curb at the end of the contract. If, and I repeat if, the City sells the utility to Fortis there will be no more control of the rates.

Problem is, if ya kick em to the curb, who will be the alternate supplier? We are rather stuck between a rock and the oligopoly the industry is.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Gixxer wrote:OMG 2.2% those fat cats are out of control

BC Hydro stockholder?

I'm still trying to find a proper link/graph of the hydro increases in Penticton over the last 10 years. Once I find it, you might sing a different tune.

When I first moved here 10 years ago, I paid on average $75 a month for electric. Higher in the winter, less in the summer. I also had a house with ZERO insulation in the flooring, so winter was higher than it needed to be. And that was my problem.

Now, 10 years later, I am in a 1 bedroom apartment. My electric bills fluctuate so inconsistently, I know there is an issue.

I have never turned on my electric heat.

I use the same amount of tv, computer and a few lights, year round.

Yet my electric bill goes up at least a 100% every winter.

So I am using NO more electicity, but my bills double during that time of year??? Such *bleep*. They estimate your readings, and adjust them according to the season. I have never seen an adjustment to the winter estimates on any of my "spring" bills.

I have approached the City about this, and their response is to pay $25 to have a duplicate meter installed to see if my current meter is not working correctly. lmao

And even if my meter is broken, you don't get the $25 back.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

onestop67 wrote:

If the meter proves to be inaccurate (reading higher than 2% than actual) after testing by Measurement Canada staff, you will be refunded your $25 dispute fee and be credited back for the previous 12 months an amount equal to the percentage inaccuracy of the meter.
If the meter proves to be reading accurate, within 2%, you will lose your $25 dispute fee.
If the meter proves to have been under billing you by more than 2%, you will lose your $25 dispute fee plus be charged for the percentage of inaccuracy of the meter in your favour for the previous 12 months.

The double edged sword is there to obviously prevent frivolous claims. $25 obviously does not cover the cost of a person visiting your residence to install a new meter and have yours sent to a Gov't testing facility. If you are convinced that your meter is reading inaccurately based on your personal consumption patterns, what is holding you back from disputing it? The 25 bucks?

Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

onestop67 wrote:
BC Hydro stockholder?

I'm still trying to find a proper link/graph of the hydro increases in Penticton over the last 10 years. Once I find it, you might sing a different tune.

When I first moved here 10 years ago, I paid on average $75 a month for electric. Higher in the winter, less in the summer. I also had a house with ZERO insulation in the flooring, so winter was higher than it needed to be. And that was my problem.

Now, 10 years later, I am in a 1 bedroom apartment. My electric bills fluctuate so inconsistently, I know there is an issue.

I have never turned on my electric heat.

I use the same amount of tv, computer and a few lights, year round.

Yet my electric bill goes up at least a 100% every winter.

So I am using NO more electicity, but my bills double during that time of year??? Such *bleep*. They estimate your readings, and adjust them according to the season. I have never seen an adjustment to the winter estimates on any of my "spring" bills.

I have approached the City about this, and their response is to pay $25 to have a duplicate meter installed to see if my current meter is not working correctly. lmao

OMG a $25 fee. Sounds like someone wants to be paid for their time to come test your meter those scoundrels.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

twobits wrote:If the meter proves to be inaccurate (reading higher than 2% than actual) after testing by Measurement Canada staff, you will be refunded your $25 dispute fee and be credited back for the previous 12 months an amount equal to the percentage inaccuracy of the meter.
If the meter proves to be reading accurate, within 2%, you will lose your $25 dispute fee.
If the meter proves to have been under billing you by more than 2%, you will lose your $25 dispute fee plus be charged for the percentage of inaccuracy of the meter in your favour for the previous 12 months.

The double edged sword is there to obviously prevent frivolous claims. $25 obviously does not cover the cost of a person visiting your residence to install a new meter and have yours sent to a Gov't testing facility. If you are convinced that your meter is reading inaccurately based on your personal consumption patterns, what is holding you back from disputing it? The 25 bucks?

You are right, sir. If the meter test proves to be within that 2% range, I would lose the $25 fee.

I am in a strata building.

But I do not use any more or less electicity at any time of the year. I have never turned on my electric "heat" in the winter. Yet mt bill gets "assessed" for more than double in the winterl

And no, the $25 whopping bucks is not what is holding me back.

I have a problem with the system. Even if I pay the $25 to dispute this, I don't see actually winning the case. They will somehow show that my usage is what they have billed me for. They will be wrong but they will win.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Maybe someone is using a plug in the winter that's linked to you.

Do you have the breaker for your baseboard heaters turned off?

Return to “North Okanagan”