Hydro up 2.2%

twobits
Guru

Re: Hydro up 2.2%

Post by twobits »

onestop67 wrote:

And no, the $25 whopping bucks is not what is holding me back.

I have a problem with the system. Even if I pay the $25 to dispute this, I don't see actually winning the case. They will somehow show that my usage is what they have billed me for. They will be wrong but they will win.

The people that will test your dispute meter are Measurement Canada personnel. Not employee's of the utility. I can assure you they take their job very seriously. Your dispute meter, immediately at the point it is removed from your premises will follow a strict script akin to chain of evidence protocol for crime scene evidence. It will then be tested by gov't personnel in a gov't accredited testing facility that even requires the air temp to be maintained within 1.5 degree's 365 days a year. No Measurement Canada employee is ever going to rig or jig or falsify data to support the utility when the utilities would like nothing better than the ability to forego the process of gov't involvement and do their own testing.
So....if you truly believe your meter is ripping you off, pony up the 25 bucks and have it tested. And if it comes back as accurate, you should reexamine your own usage looking for things you may not have thought about or looking to see if something or someone is drawing power downstream of your meter bus connections.
I mentioned this before but is worth repeating. My company is involved in several different activities. One of them has led me to finding numerous pirated electrical lines......especially in strata's where adjoining units are mirror image floor plans. Plugs on one wall will be directly behind the same plug in the adjacent unit. Electrical savvy people will just cut out a 12 inch square of drywall on their side and tap into the wires on the other side. If it is a 220 baseboard feed or a 30 amp stove plug, they can easily a ton of power without you knowing it. Tripped breakers might be a clue if they are greedy but how many times do people just reset the breaker and just shrug their shoulders cuz everything works fine again?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “North Okanagan”