44511
44095

Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 13th, 2017, 2:53 pm

what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Loki2u » Sep 13th, 2017, 4:44 pm

dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say


There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-

2 people like this post.
Loki2u
Fledgling
 
Posts: 243
Likes: 218 posts
Liked in: 265 posts
Joined: Aug 24th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby GordonH » Sep 13th, 2017, 5:24 pm

dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say

Loki2u wrote:There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.

Even this set of lights could be removed, in its place a smaller version of the turn off just north of Swan Lake nursery. Which drivers can continue on to Armstrong, Enderby etc or take the off ramp & head to Falkland, Kamloops etc. With absolutely no traffic lights needed.

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17591
Likes: 1683 posts
Liked in: 5242 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Loki2u wrote:
dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say


There is waaaaay more traffic that needs to use that light to get in and out of the college than at Stickle road.


but that's not the point thank you? every one is crying that the lite will disrupt 90K highway traffic and will cause rear end collisions and on and on( all Bunk) so here we have the exact situation only more traffic(as you claim) same speed structure and it works day after day ,year after year very smoothly SO if it works fine in this situation it will work double fine at Stickle road
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Gixxer » Sep 13th, 2017, 6:37 pm

dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say



Because we dont need another light on a already congested stop and go highway. Its really not that hard to understand. Also the college light didnt have other options like the stickle road does.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4124
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1294 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 14th, 2017, 6:44 pm

Gixxer wrote:
dontrump wrote:what I find extremely interesting is the college way intersection is the same exact style intersection and the lite system works very very well there but for some reason it wont work at stickle ?? I find that rather odd I must say



Because we dont need another light on a already congested stop and go highway. Its really not that hard to understand. Also the college light didnt have other options like the stickle road does.


no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north
A traffic light and merge lanes 5 years ago would have been a perfect and final solution for many years
simply saying we don't need another light is ridiculous when in fact that's exactly whats needed
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dirtybiker » Sep 14th, 2017, 9:16 pm

dontrump:

How about you buck up and pay one Commercial Combination Vehicle 5 times
your personal decent hourly wage, then sit back and watch your money sit at light after
light.
You will not like it !

Now times that by how many of previous said vehicles you see 24/7, 365

That is as simple as I can point it out.

Cut costs off the shelf by cutting costs getting things to the shelf.

This is a sizable part of why it is expensive to live in this Region !

Too many ill conceived and poorly managed lights put in place by Governments
being pressured by ill informed and non-rational lobbyists,

There is a bigger picture than your precious left turn that you just must have !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

60-YEARS-in-Ktown likes this post.
dirtybiker
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4941
Likes: 1821 posts
Liked in: 1324 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Gixxer » Sep 15th, 2017, 9:02 am

dontrump wrote:no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north
A traffic light and merge lanes 5 years ago would have been a perfect and final solution for many years
simply saying we don't need another light is ridiculous when in fact that's exactly whats needed


No thats your opinion, does not mean it true. My opinion is right because MOT made the final decision on this. I believe they and the civil engineers know more than someone posting on a forum.

What are you talking about its not a congested area? Its the main highway in and out of Vernon from the north end.

Again a traffic light would be dangerous at this intersection, and the last thing this busy highway needs is another light.

Money seems to be the issue for you. Would you still have the same opinion if the cost wasnt the problem?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4124
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1294 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 15th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Gixxer wrote:
dontrump wrote:no that's just your opinion, does not mean its true;; 97 area at stickle is not a congested highway in my opinion and stickle/silver star Rv park is not a congested intersection;; its a unsafe one because of the lack of a left turn merge lane and poor visibility from stickle heading south and poor visibility for a left turn heading north
A traffic light and merge lanes 5 years ago would have been a perfect and final solution for many years
simply saying we don't need another light is ridiculous when in fact that's exactly whats needed


No thats your opinion, does not mean it true. My opinion is right because MOT made the final decision on this. I believe they and the civil engineers know more than someone posting on a forum.

What are you talking about its not a congested area? Its the main highway in and out of Vernon from the north end.

Again a traffic light would be dangerous at this intersection, and the last thing this busy highway needs is another light.

Money seems to be the issue for you. Would you still have the same opinion if the cost wasnt the problem?


and as I that's only just your opinion ;; U want to see congestion? try west Kelowna or Kelowna now that,s congested ;; stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle ;; MOT are so entirely wrong on this deal its sad
A traffic lite in no way wpould be dangerous quit the opposite it woul be fitting compared to what we have now
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Gixxer » Sep 15th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Nope youre wrong and MOT is right. End of story.

2 people like this post.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4124
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1294 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 16th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Gixxer wrote:Nope youre wrong and MOT is right. End of story.


apparently or at least according to you LOL
many thanks for the update
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dirtybiker » Sep 18th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Me thinks dontrump does not have the wherewithal to figure out a safer alternative
to the dangers he has experienced in his quest to get where he is going
on a whim and whimsy, on the occasion he may want to go somewhere.

Be damned the highway traffic that keeps the Country going.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4941
Likes: 1821 posts
Liked in: 1324 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Dizzy1 » Sep 18th, 2017, 8:35 pm

dontrump wrote: stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle

Pssst, thats because there's no light unnecessarily turning free flowing traffic into a stop and go mess :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Guru
 
Posts: 9868
Likes: 3744 posts
Liked in: 4206 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby dontrump » Sep 19th, 2017, 8:13 am

Dizzy1 wrote:
dontrump wrote: stickle is not congested nor is hy 97 that flows past stickle

Pssst, thats because there's no light unnecessarily turning free flowing traffic into a stop and go mess :up:


well the verdicts in from a personal private survey I have done through friends and neighbours and business's etc
and its like 98% in favour of a enhanced merge lanes and a traffic light and all agree it should have happened 4 years ago when the MOT started this mess
dontrump
Übergod
 
Posts: 1730
Likes: 359 posts
Liked in: 502 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2016, 11:39 am

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Dizzy1 » Sep 19th, 2017, 8:23 pm

dontrump wrote:well the verdicts in from a personal private survey I have done through friends and neighbours and business's etc
and its like 98% in favour of a enhanced merge lanes and a traffic light and all agree it should have happened 4 years ago when the MOT started this mess

Yeah, I already called BS on your survey once before. :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Guru
 
Posts: 9868
Likes: 3744 posts
Liked in: 4206 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 2:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to North Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests