Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:
dontrump wrote:well the verdicts in from a personal private survey I have done through friends and neighbours and business's etc
and its like 98% in favour of a enhanced merge lanes and a traffic light and all agree it should have happened 4 years ago when the MOT started this mess

Yeah, I already called BS on your survey once before. :up:

Yes ? so you very well may have ? so what ? does not change what I have found by my perseverance in this endeavour
you called BS? so that's what everyone should toe the line at then? what you call bs and what you Condon as fact in your mind?
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

You go don :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Plenty of people pay lip service with a "you betcha, that's what we need !" reply
Just to shut the person up and stop wasting their time, while doing
their best not to insult or lose business .
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dirtybiker wrote:Plenty of people pay lip service with a "you betcha, that's what we need !" reply
Just to shut the person up and stop wasting their time, while doing
their best not to insult or lose business .

go talk to every business along the area effected by Stickle road They will all say a traffic lite would have done the job and should have been installed years ago ;; 20 street should be Two way not one way
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Not true. Public safety over a few businesses is the better choice.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:
go talk to every business along the area effected by Stickle road They will all say a traffic lite would have done the job and should have been installed years ago

As pointed out to you pages ago, the two retailers I talked to don't agree with you.

This is still my favourite of your tidbits ...

dontrump wrote:EVERY single business along this area want a traffic lite

dontrump wrote:[self storage was not worried one way or the other

So "every" business wants a light - except the storage place, they don't want a light even though you repeatedly tell us that "every" business does. So tha'ts one who could care less, plus the two I frequent, which makes three businesses that could care less. But then again, you consider 8 letters to the editor the "majority" of citizens.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

One day the MOT will see the errors of their ways (sarcasm) a simple lite/lane system for 3.5 million and what 90% of the people effected out there want but no we need a most ineffective one way street(even more ridiculous) to the tune of 20 million only to feed a already congested and most poorly designed corridor between Rona and MacDonald's
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dontrump wrote:One day the MOT will see the errors of their ways (sarcasm) a simple lite/lane system for 3.5 million and what 90% of the people effected out there want but no we need a most ineffective one way street(even more ridiculous) to the tune of 20 million only to feed a already congested and most poorly designed corridor between Rona and MacDonald's

Yep MOT could have saved the taxpayers $$$ by just blocking left turns off Stickle. Those wanting back into Vernon can just take PVR turn right at Butcher Boys, then use the lights at either 27th or 32nd street.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:One day the MOT will see the errors of their ways (sarcasm) a simple lite/lane system for 3.5 million and what 90% of the people effected out there want but no we need a most ineffective one way street(even more ridiculous) to the tune of 20 million only to feed a already congested and most poorly designed corridor between Rona and MacDonald's

And there it is. His issue is the cost.

As a taxpayer I could careless about the cost. MOT made the right decision. It keeps a light off the highway, and the potential for deadly accidents.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

GordonH wrote:
Yep MOT could have saved the taxpayers $$$ by just blocking left turns off Stickle. Those wanting back into Vernon can just take PVR turn right at Butcher Boys, then use the lights at either 27th or 32nd street.

For sure they could've made that super cheap, and went right in right out to both sides of the highway.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:

And there it is. His issue is the cost.

As a taxpayer I could careless about the cost. MOT made the right decision. It keeps a light off the highway, and the potential for deadly accidents.

Of course the issue involves cost; why do u think taxes are so high? because people just love spending "other peoples money"
when a simple light system thats accepted as a universal system in most country's around the world is rejected at about 1/5 the cost of a ridiculous one way road then yes as a tax payer (big) I resent the cost 100% for sure;; it seems that the non or low low tax payers always want to spend spend spend ;; MOT made a terrible choice, absolutely Terrible and wait and see it will not work as planed mark my words
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Meh they'll build a beautiful road with no light on the highway and it will work amazing. Mark my words.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:Meh they'll build a beautiful road with no light on the highway and it will work amazing. Mark my words.

I guarantee if you were liable for the 20 million cost of the one way road system verses a very needed 3.5 million traffic lite you would be installing a traffic lite :130:
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Yes we know your main concern is the price tag and not public safety. What you would save in the light would've cost more with accidents and personal injury claims.

MOT has no financial gain in this so why do you think they went with the bypass route?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:Yes we know your main concern is the price tag and not public safety. What you would save in the light would've cost more with accidents and personal injury claims.

MOT has no financial gain in this so why do you think they went with the bypass route?

LOL of course MOT has no financial gain? LOL why even mention such a notion;;
Amazing how a few here think traffic lites are root cause of all accidents when yet there so widely employed in our country
Are all those lites installed without thought or input as to these dire consequences some allude to here (wrongfully I will add)
what is going to happen when there is a line up of traffic from 27 street through to 20 street and blocking off the 30 business along the way ?There will be nothing but chaos as its bad already;

Return to “North Okanagan”