Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:
dontrump wrote:If we did a survey of all people in Vernon that actually have knowledge of the stickle road debate I
guarantee you it would be 80% for traffic lite system

LOL! In other words, "knowledge" would be defined as those who agree with you :laugh: :up:

not too sure your post makes any sense other than your trying to be foolish and at very least you are being ridiculous
instead of attacking me why not add your time to posting what you think would be a valid solution?? :topic:
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

They've figured out the best plan. They have people who figure this stuff out for a living and have the training and experience and science behind them.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Chyren wrote:They've figured out the best plan. They have people who figure this stuff out for a living and have the training and experience and science behind them.

that's always debatable especially anything that involves government ;; at any level or department
look at the poor planning between the city of Vernon on the kal road bike path and the even worse lack of communication with BC Hydro and what that screw ups costing ?
I personally don't always have full faith in these situations 20 street one way is a absolute moronic disaster in the waiting
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:instead of attacking me why not add your time to posting what you think would be a valid solution?? :topic:

Perhaps you should re-read the discussion we've had in this thread and refresh yourself with my opinion on a valid solution :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:
dontrump wrote:instead of attacking me why not add your time to posting what you think would be a valid solution?? :topic:

Perhaps you should re-read the discussion we've had in this thread and refresh yourself with my opinion on a valid solution :up:

Quote from you:: LOL! In other words, "knowledge" would be defined as those who agree with you

this is far far from posting valid solutions
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:
Quote from you:: LOL! In other words, "knowledge" would be defined as those who agree with you

this is far far from posting valid solutions

As I said, you need to re-read the discussion we've already had in this thread - no need to repeat myself, my opinion is in all in the previous pages.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Its hard to imagine why MOT 4 years ago did not simply improve the lanes and install a lite system at around 3 million
just like they do everywhere else in Canada ;; no the MOT :cuss: have to waste a couple million on unwarranted studies; allow a few years of inflation; more anger for the people trying to use the intersection and now a ridiculous 20 million dollar one way street.. :cuss: me there stupid
puttrench

Post by puttrench »

Chyren wrote:They've figured out the best plan. They have people who figure this stuff out for a living and have the training and experience and science behind them.

And "they" don't live here and don't care about our wetlands or have to drive around this city. I'm willing to bet there is some money involved in this best plan and I don't mean gov't money.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

"they?" Why do people feel there's always a conspiracy? The governments both local and provincial looked at the issue. They looked at it for years. Years!

They have come up with a plan that is safer and creates the best situation on an overall bad intersection.

The reality is that people at that intersection have made some foolish decisions and created havoc and worse. There have been a lot of bad crashes and something needs to be done.

Lives will be saved and in the end that's a good thing.

Pretty amazing though that with all the problems in the area this one gets the most "type time" these days.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Chyren wrote:"they?" Why do people feel there's always a conspiracy? The governments both local and provincial looked at the issue. They looked at it for years. Years!

They have come up with a plan that is safer and creates the best situation on an overall bad intersection.

The reality is that people at that intersection have made some foolish decisions and created havoc and worse. There have been a lot of bad crashes and something needs to be done.

Lives will be saved and in the end that's a good thing.

Pretty amazing though that with all the problems in the area this one gets the most "type time" these days.

that's because "they" 1) have taken way too long to decide a solution and 2) its defiantly the wrong and most expensive also
MOT ignored local gov input and went with their own delusional design
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Cheapest, easiest, and quickest solution is just run a few no-post concrete barriers
betwixt the meridians that are already there.
Done, issue gone !

your welcome.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

dirtybiker wrote:Cheapest, easiest, and quickest solution is just run a few no-post concrete barriers
betwixt the meridians that are already there.
Done, issue gone !

your welcome.

yes what responsible property owners do to keep out disrespectful atv and dirt bike riders LOL
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dontrump wrote:
yes what responsible property owners do to keep out disrespectful atv and dirt bike riders LOL

Ah, from what I perceived from your response then is you agree that it is a valid solution
as you started off with "Yes"

As for the analogy following that I will glean that the City/Province as responsible property
owners should in fact, put the barriers across.

This would keep the disrespectful citizens at bay from making the wrong choices that could result
in them harming themselves or others.

See, now we are getting somewhere, It doesn't need to be fixed, just deterrents put in place
so users need to find another way around to get to where they are going.

Add:, Then best make sure that a good and fair amount of reflective materials as well as
signage are used also so the disrespectful citizens that are used to going that route
don't crash and burn on impact to the changes made. :smt045
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

I said "yes" to what property owners do to keep out Dirt bag dirt bikers and ATVers out + so does the government on public land
there is in no way my "yes" is in reference to the stickle road affair
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:Its hard to imagine why MOT 4 years ago did not simply improve the lanes and install a lite system at around 3 million
just like they do everywhere else in Canada ;; no the MOT :cuss: have to waste a couple million on unwarranted studies; allow a few years of inflation; more anger for the people trying to use the intersection and now a ridiculous 20 million dollar one way street.. :cuss: me there stupid

Its not always about money - its about coming up with the best.

As has been explained to you several times in this thread, a light system is inefficient at present and will only cause more problems as traffic increases in the future and a light creates its own hazards by a heightened risk of rear-enders and red light runners. The new road creates no added risks - I don't always agree with the MOT, but this time they get a big :up:

Return to “North Okanagan”