Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Postby Dizzy1 » May 27th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Gixxer wrote:

Nope it will be far more dangerous with people being rear ended, and running red lights. End of story

Thats the thing, how many accidents/fatalities have there been at that intersection in the last 10 years? I'm pretty sure those numbers won't change over the next 10 years even with a traffic light.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5134 posts

Postby Always Sunny » May 27th, 2016, 8:37 pm

dontrump wrote:there is one thing need at squires 4 corner and its called a control lite end of story

Dizzy1 wrote:No, its not the end of story. There is no need for a light there. If people have that much of an issue trying to make a left turn going back into town, go down PV. Thats what I do.

I've been using the PV route for years. Unless I've noticed traffic being particularly light that day, I'd rather take the extra minute or two down the back road. The idea of bunging up a multi-laned highway with traffic for the sake of, what, a dead-end frontage road is absurd to me.

2 people like this post.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1248 posts

Postby GordonH » May 27th, 2016, 8:40 pm

Absolute total lack of future vision by the Department of Highways/MOTI 50+ years ago. Has placed the highway from Sicamous to Osoyoos with over use of traffic lights.
Whenever possible either overpasses or underpasses should have been used, to make traffic flow easier & quicker.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence

Dizzy1 likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8928 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Dizzy1 » May 27th, 2016, 8:45 pm

GordonH wrote:Absolute total lack of future vision by the Department of Highways/MOTI 50+ years ago. Has placed the highway from Sicamous to Osoyoos with over use of traffic lights.
Whenever possible either overpasses or underpasses should have been used, to make traffic flow easier & quicker.

Welcome to BC.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5134 posts

Postby GordonH » May 27th, 2016, 8:51 pm

GordonH wrote:Absolute total lack of future vision by the Department of Highways/MOTI 50+ years ago. Has placed the highway from Sicamous to Osoyoos with over use of traffic lights.

Dizzy1 wrote:Welcome to BC.

I know Bring Cash and leave your brain & common sense back where you are coming from.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you. John Spence
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8928 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 7:30 am

The 20 street extention will not do a single thing to alleviate the guy trying to turn left from southbound traffic(coming from weigh scale) nor the guy turning left from northbound either

Heres a small but(to me) a effective example
Lets say a guy just had his RV repaired at Mike Rosman RV and lives south or better yet wants to stay at SSRV park?
He would have to go all the way down 20 street turn at Rona, go to the stop lite turn right, take hy 97 N all the way back to the same squires corner that he was at and then wait in the left lane to turn left all the while fighting the traffic????

On a side note I am rolling on the floor LMAO just picturing this round about that was suggested here.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 731 posts

Postby Gixxer » May 28th, 2016, 8:35 am

dontrump wrote:The 20 street extention will not do a single thing to alleviate the guy trying to turn left from southbound traffic(coming from weigh scale) nor the guy turning left from northbound either

Heres a small but(to me) a effective example
Lets say a guy just had his RV repaired at Mike Rosman RV and lives south or better yet wants to stay at SSRV park?
He would have to go all the way down 20 street turn at Rona, go to the stop lite turn right, take hy 97 N all the way back to the same squires corner that he was at and then wait in the left lane to turn left all the while fighting the traffic????

On a side note I am rolling on the floor LMAO just picturing this round about that was suggested here.

So the main highway traffic flow should come to a complete stop so 1 guy can cross it? Yes that makes complete sense. Poor guy has to drive an extra 5 minutes max.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1679 posts

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 8:49 am

So the main highway traffic flow should come to a complete stop so 1 guy can cross it? Yes that makes complete sense. Poor guy has to drive an extra 5 minutes max.

you missed the whole point that there is still a need for left and right turning traffic also which the 20 street venue dose nothing at all to alleveiate
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Gixxer » May 28th, 2016, 9:04 am

dontrump wrote:
you missed the whole point that there is still a need for left and right turning traffic also which the 20 street venue dose nothing at all to alleveiate

there is no need to stop the busy flow of highway traffic so a few drivers can make left or right hand turns.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

there is no need to stop the busy flow of highway traffic so a few drivers can make left or right hand turns.

FEW? that's the whole point of this intersection debate there are thousands over a year period heck I was there the other day and had 5 lined up behind me plus two guys turning left from 97N and one guy in a fifth wheel turning left coming from the south
I guess somehow I got the one day in year when there was not the normal few as you say

BCGrrrrl likes this post.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 9:27 am

In your mind then all stop control lites should be eliminated ?
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Gixxer » May 28th, 2016, 9:34 am

dontrump wrote:In your mind then all stop control lites should be eliminated ?

Yes thats exactly what I'm suggesting.

So in your mind you believe its necessary to stop the flow of 584,000 vehicles a year (16000 day X 365 days a year) so that "thousands a year" can make turns instead of driving a few minutes/kms longer?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 11:03 am

I run a very large small business and have since High school. built entirely by myself.I would not have a single person work for me with such ideals as some suggest on this board
There is a easy way to fix this intersection that would benefit everyone and that's a traffic sensor controlled lite system with enhanced turning lanes.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Gixxer » May 28th, 2016, 11:48 am

dontrump wrote:I run a very large small business and have since High school. built entirely by myself.I would not have a single person work for me with such ideals as some suggest on this board
There is a easy way to fix this intersection that would benefit everyone and that's a traffic sensor controlled lite system with enhanced turning lanes.

Like the one on highway 6 at the Aberdeen intersection, yes that's just what a even busier highway needs.

I guess you know better than the civic engineers, and the ministry of highways.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Postby dontrump » May 28th, 2016, 11:59 am

Like the one on highway 6 at the Aberdeen intersection, yes that's just what a even busier highway needs.

I guess you know better than the civic engineers, and the ministry of highways.

Yes I agree that I do know more when it comes to certain intersections This one for sure
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

PreviousNext

Return to North Okanagan