Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by dontrump »

Only thing in this case that is reasonable, will work and works for all involved is a 4 way traffic lite system they work well world wide no reason it wont work here
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

The last thing that highway needs is another traffic light. Good on MOT for not doing it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thank God there won't be a light going in there. Bypasses are the way of the most sensible solutions, not gridlock.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Verminator wrote:^^ That overpass has been a well-known deathtrap for years

You're the first person to call it that that I've heard so it can't be that known of a "death trap"
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Dizzy1 wrote:Thank God there won't be a light going in there. Bypasses are the way of the most sensible solutions, not gridlock.

yes of course that's why we see so many traffic lites and very few bypasses
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

Dizzy1 wrote:You're the first person to call it that that I've heard so it can't be that known of a "death trap"

OK, maybe 'deathtrap' was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, but the word 'hazard' definitely fits.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

dontrump wrote:
First off seeing as its Eric foster yapping and it a media story it could have been a misspoke or a misprint
seems odd they would spend the amount of money their talking to make a 2 way street at both ends a one way street in this small section (volkswagon to rona)

Here's a link to the original Castanet story from a year ago. The 20th St extension will be one-way (southbound) only.
http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/166 ... or-stickle
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:
yes of course that's why we see so many traffic lites and very few bypasses

Hey, I never said that the MOT was the quickest in figuring things out. Cities the size of OK cities should not have the traffic problems we do, had the MOT been on the ball decades ago, things would be much better here.

Setting up yet another traffic light is simply put a step backwards.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

There were 8 replys to the Vernon news article announcing that MLA eric foster was for the mot plan
7 want a lite and one alternative so as polls go 90% are in favour of a traffic lite and better left turn lane going south
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:There were 8 replys to the Vernon news article announcing that MLA eric foster was for the mot plan
7 want a lite and one alternative so as polls go 90% are in favour of a traffic lite and better left turn lane going south

Who cares those polls are stupid and pointless.
A Traffic light is the worst idea. It's great to see MOT will not be putting one in.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Who cares those polls are stupid and pointless.
A Traffic light is the worst idea. It's great to see MOT will not be putting one in.

The majority from what I read and people whom I talk to and EVERY single business along this area want a traffic lite
plus all the city of Vernon council ? so MOT should follow the wishes of the majority
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:

The majority from what I read and people whom I talk to and EVERY single business along this area want a traffic lite
plus all the city of Vernon council ? so MOT should follow the wishes of the majority

MOT knows whats best, they made the right decision.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

bob vernon wrote:PV Road? No shoulders, steep ditches into front yards, can't be widened.

An underpass? Beside Swan Lake?

Take a drive over the current overpass. Notice the big dips. They fill with water that is very slow to drain off. Traffic moving at high speed hydroplanes on the pooled water and can go in any direction, including into the other lane. We had a double fatality there (was it last July long weekend or the one before?). Two young women driving home from Salmon Arm to Kelowna were killed in a head-on on the overpass during a heavy thundershower. One of the young technicians at one of the government PR things tried to tell me that there's never been a fatality on or near the overpass. BS. There have been several other crashes there during rain.

The traffic needs to be slowed down with that dangerous overpass in our north end and Stickle Road is the perfect place for a light. If this was the lower mainland the problem would have been solved long ago. But this riding is a safe Liberal seat so they don't need to do the right thing.

Here's an idea. Divide the highway like every other jurisdiction does in the industrialized world.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:

Number 1 - I call BS on your claim of every business, 2 businesses I frequent are in favour of a bypass.

Number 2 - I don't recall a referendum being voted on so sorry to burst your bubble, but a handful of letters to the editor don't constitute a "majority".

A light ain't gonna happen, thank God - deal with it.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Number 1 - I call BS on your claim of every business, 2 businesses I frequent are in favour of a bypass.

And I in Turn then call BS on your claim and the reason is there is no doubt a bypass would be quit the Cadillac of systems and favoured by some however I guarantee you EVERY SINGLE business there favours a TRAFFIC CONTROLL LITE verses this stupid idea of making 20 street one way from rona to royal volkswagon as the alternative

Return to “North Okanagan”