TRIO- keep anti slide protest anti slide protest alive

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

TRIO- keep anti slide protest anti slide protest alive

Post by Rosemary1 »

Was Trio's public announcement of the non-disclosure agreement with City that prevented Trio from talking about plans before contract was signed n attempt to mollify Pentictonites against the water slides at Skaha? Could they be re-thinking this may not be such a good business venture in light of the public outcry?

Will Trio be able to easily get financing in light of the public outcry. Maybe the investment does not look as attractive anymore.?y

Lets keep the protest alive. Let's keep writing letters to the paper, to council, keep the protest alive, persue legal avenues and fund raisers, insist on seeing the disclosure agreement. Let's insist on knowing what mayor actually signed or knew? Surely he would have been part of discussion on non-disclosure.?

Could TRIO be having 2nd thoughts about persuing the water slide venture in light of the overwhelming lack of support? I Maybe TRIO will make the right business decision and back out of water slide development.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: TRIO- keep anti slide protest anti slide protest alive

Post by fluffy »

"Overwhelming lack of support" ??? Not from what I've seen.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

fluffy wrote:"Overwhelming lack of support" ??? Not from what I've seen.

Oh there IS a lot of support for the slides, Fluffy; just not in Skaha Park. I know of Nobody who is against them being built on private land. I know a LOT of folks who are against losing park space that will never be replaced. Also, who in their right mind (maybe don't answer that) would sign on the dotted line, for a 30 year lease without having the applicant have "approved financial backing"? I might as well go down and buy a new $60,000 truck and go the bank "later" and hope for the best?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “North Okanagan”