Vernon military camp possible transit point for refugees

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Vernon military camp possible transit point for refugees

Post by Donald G »

To madhue ...

Sorry madhue but I just could not resist posting your comment about my referral to intelligent Canadians;

" You make laugh about Inteligent Canadians.... "

Something incongruent about your comment madhue
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:SO what are you saying? are military bases are good enough for the men and women that put there life on the line so people like you can enjoy your freerights-
but not good enough for the refugees for a few weeks
have you ever been inside the Vernon cadet camp ? I have many times, considering were the refugees are coming from I am sure they would think the camp is a penthouse, compared to where they just came from. enjoy your freerights-FREERIGHTS
thanks to the military,past present and future

I've posted on here many times that I am ex-CF, and I too have been in the Vernon camp many times.

I would heavily recommend that you re-read my post. I'm not sure if you've been in other reg force bases in Canada, but if you have, or if you've actually served, you'd know that good housing for military personnel is lacking. There's asbestos, drafts, and faulty electrical in many housing complexes for military personnel. My point, which I think was clearly made, is that if there's standard housing on military bases now for refugees, it may be better used for soldiers.

There's plenty of vacant schools that can be used, but keep the military bases for the military.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Bsuds:

So are you for or are you against renting out the shuttered schools to the Federal Gov for housing the refugees?

I think it will serve multiple purposes and will contribute some cash to the area where the shuttered schools are.

Do you have a better idea??
Let's hear it.

NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yes freerights I am also an ex cf, I have been on many bases in Canada would you like a list

if Vernon cadet camp is good enough for my kids to sleep in for the last few years,FOR SIX WEEKS AT A TIME -IT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM OR ANYONE ELSE
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:yes freerights I am also an ex cf, I have been on many bases in Canada would you like a list

if Vernon cadet camp is good enough for my kids to sleep in for the last few years,FOR SIX WEEKS AT A TIME -IT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM OR ANYONE ELSE

If you're ex military, then I shouldn't have to tell you that military housing is substandard to what it should be for our troops. I'm not even referring to Vernon, but there is a difference between your kids being there for two days and people living there for months.

I still do not think refugees - any refugees - should be in our military facilities.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

2 DAYS LOL ,you have no clue what you are talking about so I will call you out on this one bs,
my kids have spent 6 weeks at a time in Vernon cadet camp not only two days at a time every year for the last 4 years,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:Bsuds:

So are you for or are you against renting out the shuttered schools to the Federal Gov for housing the refugees?

I think it will serve multiple purposes and will contribute some cash to the area where the shuttered schools are.

Do you have a better idea??
Let's hear it.

NNA

There are whole empty cities in China just waiting for people to live in them. Send them there.

Then take all the young men of fighting ages and train them to fight and ship them back to fight for their freedom. Why should everyone else fight their battles while they sit here in relative luxury.

As to using empty schools I suppose that's not a terrible idea.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

the truth wrote:yes freerights I am also an ex cf, I have been on many bases in Canada would you like a list

Is that not in the summer?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yes it is, but also weekends in the winter,bottom line if these barracks are good enough for are kids ,for six weeks at a time , they should be good enough for the refugees also
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

the truth wrote:yes it is, but also weekends in the winter,bottom line if these barracks are good enough for are kids ,for six weeks at a time , they should be good enough for the refugees also

Only in the heated ones.
Kids never stay in the closed up un-insulated buildings in the winter.
I used to take kids (navy league and sea cadets) up to the vernon camp all the time in the winter.. There were only certain barracks were were allowed to use.
Even when the kids utilized the tents if we had a larger multi corps group, they were able to come into the heated barracks and get warm and bathe.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well kids last winter slept in the larger tents outside,no heat,kids as young as 12 years old-WELCOME TO CANADA-
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I find that hard to believe - 12 year olds in unheated tents when the temperatures are below freezing.
I suspect they had Coleman lanterns and stoves and didn't live in them for the whole winter.
You do realize the refugees are going to be families - some with infants and toddlers?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:well kids last winter slept in the larger tents outside,no heat,kids as young as 12 years old-WELCOME TO CANADA-

Even CF personnel sleep in heated tents until they're qualified not to. I call BS on this.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

just asked my kids ,if they was heat in there tent last winter, JUST IN CASE I WAS WRONG they said -NO- THEY WERE THERE YOU WERE NOT --
I HAVE NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT THIS-=CASE CLOSED
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:I find that hard to believe - 12 year olds in unheated tents when the temperatures are below freezing.
I suspect they had Coleman lanterns and stoves and didn't live in them for the whole winter.
You do realize the refugees are going to be families - some with infants and toddlers?

WERE IS YOUR CONCERN about all these refugees coming here without all there vaccines anyway

Return to “North Okanagan”