Losing all respect for RCMP

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Losing all respect for RCMP

Post by Bsuds »

As far as the OP losing respect for the RCMP I'm not sure that anyone has accused him of having any.

As to the story I don't think the retired officer deserves any respect either but you can't paint them all with the same brush.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Partmanpartfish ...

As I said in response to your initial post I do not know all of the circumstances so fail to understand how you think I can, in all fairness, comment on the matter further. I am not sure that your personal theoretical interpretation of the law is in any way the same as dictated by case law.

If you are interested in being realistic I think you should do the same since, judging by your last comment, the law is something that you appear to know next to nothing about.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

I have great respect for police officers, the vast majority of whom are good. But unlike you guys, I'm not going to rally behind the bad ones or spew that 'we don't know all of the facts yet' BS. Unless one is really, really stupid, it's easy to see what likely went on here and how more people than the fired guy were likely involved.

To be honest, some of you guys were kissing Mantler up to the bitter end.

These officers get paid very well. They get very nice pensions after relatively few years of service. When they do retire, some can get nice civilian jobs with the force to supplement their generous pensions.

Is it too much to expect exemplary behavior from them?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Partmanpartfish wrote:But unlike you guys
You guys? Who's making excuses here?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Partmanpartfish wrote:I have great respect for police officers,

The first thing you did was diss all the RCMP members involved in any part of the investigation.
So, basically the RCMP used their powers to bully and harass a citizen as payback for an ex-member.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

TylerM4 wrote:While we don't know the whole story - we know that the RCMP fired this individual and we know his termination was a direct result of this confrontation with his neighbor.They did it quickly without the normal year long drawn out process, multiple reviews and appeal (paid administrative leave the whole time), etc. that it normally takes for this sort of thing. This tells us that this officer did something very wrong and they had strong evidence to the fact.

All speculation aside - this officer is guilty of something involving his neighbor and it's something serious.

And finally - Don't judge all RCMP by a few bad apples. That's just extremely short sighted - especially as it seems that in this case the RCMP brass taking the problem seriously and have taken strong and immediate (for them) action.

By what I heard on the news it was as a result of actions he took. It was not due to him laying a complaint to the RCMP.

It was likely he accessed CPIC or Pros and is not authorized to do so, this is only my thoughts there is no indication this occured. As he stated he did not take any of the file out of the office.

If he made a false complaint he has broken the law. However, we will never know what occured as both might be telling only part of it.
Last edited by Ken7 on Dec 17th, 2015, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 16th, 2015, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic picture removed.
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

There is also a report out there that states he stole the DVD with the video of Truscott being fingerprinted. But who knows? I guess we'll have to wait until they're good and ready to tell us.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

This is obviously over my head but i dont understand how this guy, being retired, could access anything having to do with the rcmp.
So did he call a favor, in which case someone else is involved?
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Monroe ...

A number of RCMP detachments hire civilian workers to perform office duties in order to cut costs. I suspect that he was hired by the RCMP but paid by the city. Hiring ex-RCMP for certain policing relating functions reduces employee training time to Nil.

Proof reading files, exhibit accountability and working the front counter would be examples of where years of police knowledge would be an asset. Plus I believe that retired members still keep their top security clearance on a year to year basis.
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 17th, 2015, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: if you have a problem with a moderator take it to private message.

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

*removed*

Do not make a public challenge of a moderator decision, do so by email or private message. Our final decision in any situation is accepted by you, as per the board terms of service.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3627
Last edited by ferri on Dec 17th, 2015, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: challenging moderator

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The lawyer for a man fired by Vernon's RCMP detachment has issued a statement from his client over an ugly and ongoing neighbour dispute.

Scott Rempel admits in a summary of evidence dated Dec. 16 that while working as a civilian member at the detachment, he looked at a “synopsis report” concerning charges against his neighbour, Stephen Truscott.

However, Rempel denies removing any of Truscott's information. “I never at any time took any documentation concerning Mr. Truscott from the facility,” he states.

Police arrested Truscott Jan. 15, three days after he had chased Rempel's dog to the fence dividing their two BX properties. Truscott claimed the German shepherd bit him.

Crown later charged Truscott with cruelty to animals, uttering threats and possession of a firearm for dangerous purposes.

In the summary, Rempel accuses his neighbour of running over his dog with a snowmobile, causing it significant injury.

On Sept. 29, Truscott received an email from the RCMP stating there had been a breach of security at the detachment and his information had been stolen.

“Your personal information was accessed, viewed and copied, and that the copy of the paper file/DVD (video of fingerprinting) are unaccounted for; and you have the right to complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada about the privacy breach,” reads the email.

“As the offending individual's employment was terminated, there is nothing to report regarding any remedial activity,” the email states. “Our file regarding this at the Vernon detachment is concluded.”

An Oct. 29 letter to Truscott from RCMP Supt. Jim McNamara confirmed Rempel had been investigated and his employment had been terminated.

On Oct. 16, charges against Truscott were stayed by the Crown.

Still, Rempel expresses “genuine fear of Mr. Truscott.”

Rempel says while he did not want to comment, given "the many inaccuracies" in another media report on Dec. 15, "we felt we had no option but to provide this information to defend our reputation.”

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#154327
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

A lawyer denies his client is guilty. Stop the presses.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Partmanpartfish wrote:A lawyer denies his client is guilty. Stop the presses.
It actually came from the client.

Return to “North Okanagan”