Vernon School on Lockdown

pepsilover
Übergod

Vernon School on Lockdown

Post by pepsilover »

Because of a male with a gun. I believe it's handled now and it was some kind of air gun. The whole thing is getting creepy.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#157178

Vernon Secondary School was on lockdown Wednesday morning after reports of a person entering the school with a gun.

According to a School District 22 press release, at 9 a.m. a VSS neighbour called the school to report an individual entering the school with what appeared to be a weapon.

The school immediately went into lockdown, and RCMP quickly responded.

After searching the building, a student with an airsoft pistol was located and is currently being interviewed by RCMP.

The lockdown was lifted at 9:50 a.m.

The RCMP and school district Safe Schools Team will continue to investigate the situation.

At no time was any student or staff member in danger, and the district threat assessment protocol was

effectively followed.

The district said it appreciates the quick and effective response from police.

A parent told Castanet her son texted her from the school, and that everyone is safe, but rattled.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Vernon School on Lockdown......

Post by bob vernon »

It can get way creepier. There were kids texting home to mom and dad about the school being on lockdown. There's no way to prevent kids from texting mom and dad and telling them that there's a lockdown and some guy is loose in the school with a gun and he's calling home to let mom and dad know that he loves them and he's scared. It happened last week at VSS.

Some day a father, or mother, will grab their gun and head to the school to protect their kid. Nothing can be scarier for police officers searching for a guy with a gun than more guys with guns to show up.

The kids at the school should be under a "don't text" rule. But what kid is going to obey that?
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

bob vernon wrote:It can get way creepier. There were kids texting home to mom and dad about the school being on lockdown. There's no way to prevent kids from texting mom and dad and telling them that there's a lockdown and some guy is loose in the school with a gun and he's calling home to let mom and dad know that he loves them and he's scared. It happened last week at VSS.

Ummmm, you must forget what it is like to be a kid. When a kid feels their life could be threatened they want their mom or dad.

Some day a father, or mother, will grab their gun and head to the school to protect their kid. Nothing can be scarier for police officers searching for a guy with a gun than more guys with guns to show up.

Riiiight. There have been how many school shootings in North America and not one parent has done that. You have nothing on which to base this statement other than fear, absolutely nothing.

The kids at the school should be under a "don't text" rule. But what kid is going to obey that?

Kids AND parents should be taught to NOT TEXT AND DRIVE or not neglect their children or stop listening to their parents because they are too busy texting. If they have a job they should not be texting. It would be nice if kids didn't text in school but it's hardly as important as my other examples. I would want to know if there was a lockdown going on at my kids' school.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

UMMMMMM. I do remember what it's like to be a kid. Of course a scared kid will want to text home.

RIIIIIIIIGHT. Of course the should be told not to text home, but you know how kids with cell phones in a locked down classroom will react. They'll use the cell phones. If you've been around some of today's kids and seen how well they follow instructions.......

In the US, there have been several cases of parents showing up at the schools, but the police response and roadblocks around the schools have stopped them and they wind up in a traffic jam on the road to the school UMMMMMMM the police response in shutting down the neighbourhood roads is faster than the parents' response time. UMMMMM
bidwell2
Fledgling

Post by bidwell2 »

School lockdowns in Canadian towns becoming the norm.

What a disastrously *removed* up society we have become!
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2016, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: auto censor workaround

Return to “North Okanagan”